Emily's eyes widened, "are you serious? What does he know?"

"He knows what happened with Vicki and about compelling him to forget," Elena explained.

"I need to go find him," Emily quickly spoke. "He's never going to trust me," Emily mumbled to herself when she walked away from the couple.

Knowing that Jeremy was going to be on the founder's float, Emily made her way where they were setting everything up. Emily looked for a few seconds, before she finally saw the brown hair of her brother.

"Jer!" Emily yelled out.

Jeremy turned to see who called him, and when he say it was his sister, he ignored her and began to walk away.

Emily sighed before picking up her dress, and began to run after her brother. Once she was close enough, she spoke, "Jer, can we talk?"

"Why? So you can lie to me again? Like Elena did?" Jeremy growled out.

"Jeremy, I did it to protect you!" Emily yelled out. "If you want to hate someone, hate me, I'm the one that told Damon to take your memories away about Vicki. Elena just agreed with me." Emily sighed, "I just wanted you to know the truth and not from Elena's diary. It hurt every time I couldn't tell you the truth, but I was doing it to protect you, Jer."

"I thought you would never lie to me, Emily," Jeremy told his older sister before stomping away.

Emily noticed that Mrs. Lockwood was running around like she had her head chopped off, so she decided to get on the float before the older woman had a heart attack with everything not being perfect. Emily chuckled at the thought, she loved Mrs. Lockwood, but she always had to have everything perfect.

Emily started to walk towards the float, when she heard someone yell out to her. "Emily! There you are!" Caroline yelped in excitement.

Emily chuckled when she saw the smiling blonde, "hey, Care. You look gorgeous."

Caroline smiled brightly before turning around and scolding, "Tyler! Help your date up on the float."

Tyler rolled his eyes before walking to the edge, and pulled Emily up on top of the founder's float. "Looking good, Emmie," Tyler smirked at his best friend.

"Why don't you look dashing," Emily smirked back.

"Get into places!" Mrs. Lockwood yelled loudly.

Emily chuckled, "I think that's our cue. Lead the way, my good sir," Emily joked.

"Let's give a big hand to the Mystic Falls High School marching band!" Mrs. Lockwood yelled into the microphone when the parade began to slowly move forward. Everyone that lived in Mystic Falls, stood on the side and cheered when the marching band began to walk and play loud music. "And for a little local history, Mr. Saltzman's students have recreated Virginia's Battle of Willow Creek," Mrs. Lockwood continued when the next section came down the street. "Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome our stunning Miss Mystic Falls Court and their handsome escorts! This is Caroline Forbes, Miss Mystic Falls. Aren't they beautiful?"

When the Miss Mystic Falls float began to move, Emily smiled brightly and waved into the crowd. She and Tyler stood next to Caroline and Matt, who were centered in the middle of the large float. As a child, Emily would always imagine being on the floats when they used to watch them back when she was six years old. And now she was living her childhood dream, Emily was glad that she and Elena stayed and participated in the Miss Mystic Falls for their mother.

While the town of Mystic Falls were cheering in excitement from the founder's parade, two adults had more important things to deal with. In Grayson Gilbert's old medical building was the said man's brother and the mayor of the small town.