chapter 41

I slowly walk to the front porch and sit down on the swinging bench, fiddling my fingers. I stuttered many times before I could really answer Dave's question. I mean it's a simple question, yes or no; Is Tyler the biological father?

Dave takes a seat next to me and I look at him sympathetically, you could see it in my eyes that I didn't want to admit to it but how was I going to get away with that lie? He raised his eyebrows, "Well?"

I gulp before taking a deep breath, "Yeah. Yeah he is."

Dave clenched his jaw, "H-How exactly?"

The expression on his face made me feel guilty about myself. He looked so beaten, like he lost the game and he couldn't do anything to win anymore. I tell him everything from the beginning till why Tyler drove out so quickly.

Explaining to Dave that even though I love him, I have a baby with my ex-boyfriend was the weirdest thing that has ever come out of my mouth. As a child I would not expect my High School years to be like this.

"You know I love you, Dave." I say breaking the silence. I assume he is in deep thought, but I wouldn't blame him.

Dave nods as he gives me a small smile, "I know." He grabs my hand, "And I just felt something like this coming." He says.

"What do you mean?"

He looks at me as if I should know. "Well you know, Tyler's going to be a father. You're going to be a mother. And I'll just be here."

I knew what he meant by this. "Tyler isn't replacing you, Dave. And I still want you to be with me."

"Are you sure about that?"

I scoff, "Of course I'm sure!" I let out a small laugh. "Why would you think that?"

"Because! You seem to have more fun with him. You look... genuinely happy." He says softly.

"I'm not as as happy with him then I am with you! Dave you're talking like you want me to be with him."

He shrugs.

"Wait, do you?" I ask.

"Do you?"

I shake my head without hesitation, "No."

"You're lying." He scoffs.

"I am not. Dave I-"

"Then show me. I don't care how many times you tell me you love me-just show me." He says. "Here I am giving you my all because I love you but you never see it. I'm showing my love for you-when are you going to show me yours?"

~~~

January

"Is it necessary to go school? The whole school knows what happened to me...I don't want to be known as the school slut." I follow my mom around the house as she gets ready for work.

"You're not a slut, Aria." She looks me straight in the eye, "And yes you need to go to school."

"And face all those people?!"

"You'll have to eventually." She says.

"I'd rather not."

"Aria." She gives me a look.

Trying not to smile I give her the same look, "Mom."

"Please, hun. If they day goes bad then I'll just pull you out of school." She says. "Okay?"

I sigh, "Fine."

After a few minutes getting ready and driving to school with my mom, she walks with me to the administration office.