chapter 3

Aria's POV

*bell rings*

"babe my next class is on the other side of the school. I got to run" Tyler said quickly getting this things and kissed my cheek.

"alright I'll see you later"

I immediately turned my head to see Dave putting his things in his backpack. Should I talk to him? No Aria what the hell are you thinking you're supposed to avoid him.

You know in movies and shows where the main character has the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other? I had that moment. But the weird thing was, the angel was telling me to talk to him.

I decided to just go and save me from drama. And besides I have a boyfriend.

I noticed that Dave was following me. Is he trying to talk to me? Or is he stalking me? oh my god can you not follow me? Does he know that he has a class to go to?

Okay I had enough. He knows that he's walking being me, so let's just cut the act.

I turned around to face him and I immediately froze. I didn't even plan what I was gonna say. crap. crap. crap. what do I do?

He stood there looked at me with a confused face and turned his head thinking I was looking for someone else.

"uh hey Aria" he chuckled.

Aria you're such an idiot

"hey Dave." I said awkwardly

"so uhm.. how are you?" he asked.

God his voice was so deep it gave me goose bumps.

"I-I'm good... so why are you following me?"

you're embarrassing yourself. just stop.

his eyebrows furrowed "following you?" he said confused "I'm just getting to my class"

wow aria. your so stupid

"ohhh okay. I'm sorry I thought- you know you were you know..." I stuttered nervously

He smiled and laughed and adjusted his backpack that he held on one shoulder.

He had such a cute smile.

"well uhm I have to get to class so.." I trailed off pointing to the door behind me.

"oh you have Pre-Calc?" he asked

oh no please don't tell me he is in my second period also.

"yeah.. you have it 2nd period also?"

"yeah" he chuckled "what a coincidence"

He opened the door for me and I smiled. I looked at the room and the desks were made for two people. I sat down in the in the middle towards the back and Dave sat down next to me unexpectedly.

The teacher began to talk but I was starting to zone out. I sighed and rested my hand on my cheek and looked over at Dave who was taping his fingers on the desk obviously as bored as me.

I sat back up and moved my chair closer to him, "So mind telling my why you're here? I thought you went to like an all boys private high school" I whispered so the teacher wouldn't hear me.

"ye-ah I got kicked out." he said sternly

I tired to hold in my laugh but that was unsuccessful.

"HAHA oh my god. How?" I said quickly covering my mouth when the teacher eyeballed me.

He chuckled and "It was kinda like a prank gone wrong"

"wow you haven't changed a bit Franco"

"neither have you. well you're definitely a lot cute- I mean o-older"

did he just call me cute?

~~~

I walked into my 3rd period: Drawing and painting. I heard from a lot of people that all you do is different projects and you just sit there and listen to your music. I'm pretty sure that I will look forward to this everyday. Sometimes its good to get away from the drama and just do what I love.

"um hi I'm Aria. I was wondering where I sit, or do I just uhm sit anywhere?" I asked the teacher was on his computer with the back of the chair facing me.

He turned his chair around and I felt like something like this would happen. It was Dave.

"nice to see you again Aria." he said in an annoyed voice

what's with him?

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "okay whatever, I'm kind of lost here. Are you the teacher or something? Cause I'm sure as hell my schedule said I was not in 'Mr. Francos' class.

He scoffed at me while checking me from head to toe as he bit his lip, "No babe. I'm the teachers aid. And you know what? I think it's you that's following me. Come on I have you 1st, 2nd, & 3rd! I suppose you don't have a free fourth so you can have lunch with me."

wow really?! Who assigned these fucking schedules! I swear to god I will kick their ass

"Okay well Dave 1. Do not call me 'babe' 2. I'm not following you. You're the one who got kicked out of that school. And came here which is AKA the school I've been going to since freshman year. 3. Yes I do have a free fourth and 4. No I will not have lunch with you because 5. I have a boyfriend." I protested with a straight face while counting down with my fingers and waved to him as I went to sit at the back of the class, so I was far away from the dickhead.

I took a glance at Dave and he seemed to look frustrated. That's what he gets for making me feel like shit when I was younger. I grinned to myself as I put on my ear buds in and listened to my music.

~~~

I decided to go get lunch for Tyler and me by myself. Bad thing was Tyler had his car keys with him, & I didn't want to interrupt him cause 4th period was his Pre-Calc class & I know how much he's been struggling.

I started walking to In & Out when this one car was driving slowly. I felt the need to walk faster as the car kept following me. I was starting to get really creeped and so I took out my phone to dial 911. When I was about to press call the car window rolled down to reveal Dumbass Dave driving by himself.

"I thought you didn't want to get lunch?" he yelled above all the noise

"I said I didn't want to get lunch with you!" I yelled back while continuing to walk

"Well where's your boyfriend? Why can't he just drive you there?" he asked obviously trying to get on my nerves

"He doesn't have a free fourth you idiot! and he has his car keys with him"

"Well sucks for you because it looks like its about to rain. You need a ride?"

The weather in New York was always crazy. I hated it but I love living in the city.

"No thanks. I'm fine" I said shaking my head.

I felt a slight drop of water and a few more and more and more. It was raining. How cliché.

I walked faster but that didn't help since I was still far away from In & Out. I was freezing cold and all my clothes were soggy.

Dave's car pulled up and the window was still down. I looked at him with puppy dog eyes frowned like a little girl.

He sighed and opened the door "just get in"

I quickly got in and shut the door. I could feel the warm air cooling my body. I sighed in relief.

"don't ever do that puppy dog face shit with me ever. & you're fucking welcome by the way. but if you didn't come in earlier you wouldn't be all wet and getting water all over my car." he said locking his eyes on the street.

"hmm for a school boy you have bad mouth and I'm sorry ill clean it"

he laughed, "Aria. its water. how are you going to clean it?"

"just shut up and drive" I scoffed "In & Out. please"

the drive was silent besides the music playing, which you can't hear cause it was so low. I reached out to put it louder and it played "My Girl" by The Temptations. I love this song, mostly because my dad used to sing it to me.

"I've got sunshine. on a cloudy day" I sang quietly looking out the window

"when its cold outside, I've got the month of May" I continued

"I'm guessing you like this song?" He said.

"Yeah," I shrugged. "My dad used to sing it to me."

"Is your dad still in the military?" he asked

"Uh, no. H-He passed away 3 years ago"

"I-I'm so sorry Aria. I didn't know"

"well you would've known if you didn't stop talking to me" I whispered but enough for him to hear.

I admit that was pretty low of me, but he should know how I felt after all these years.

~~~

We got in and ordered our food and quickly got it and sat down.

"thanks for buying." I said cutting my burger in half

"well you still have to pay me back for Tyler's food because I'm not paying for him."

"well you already did. I'll pay you back okay?" I sighed. "god why are you so pissed off?! I'm having lunch with you like you wanted what more do you want?!" I snapped hitting the table with my fist.

"I just don't like the guy okay?"

I scoffed, "Why?! You don't know him!" My voice rose.

"Aria just calm do-"

"No don't tell me to calm down! I don't know what I did to make you so mad but I'm sorry. I'm sorry for you getting stuck with me in almost all of your classes, and i'm sorry for making you clean up my mess." I said breathing heavily

"No Aria I'm sorry." He sighed, " I'm the one who's being a dick."

"I don't care. I'm just gonna go." I said putting my food back in the bag

"no Aria wait I'll give you a ride" he said trying to catch up

It was too late I was already out the door. It was still raining but not as hard.

I just need to get away from him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

authors note: sorry this took a bit longer to update but its here now so YAAAY. I hope you guys liked it and please don't hesitate to comment because I love feedback. &&& don't forget to vote:)

love always,

daaydreamer_