chapter 43

His arms were around me as I cuddled next to him in the couch watching Forrest Gump over and over again.

To be honest, I didn't care what I was watching as long as it was with him. Being apart of his presence made me feel relaxed and I didn't have anything to worry about.

"I never understood why that girl was singing naked...." I titled my head at the screen.

Dave covers my eyes from the screen, "Don't look."

"Why am I not supposed to look?!" I chuckled; his hands still covering my eyes.

I reached for his face lightly tapping it to find his eyes and covered it too. "There. Much better."

He laughed mimicking me to laugh as well, "How many times have we watched this?" I sunk back into his chest.

"Three times to be exact."

"Three? Then we've been on this couch for like six hours?!" I gaped. "What time is it?"

He leans over and checks his phone, "It's like 4:20-"

"4:20?!" I jumped off the couch.

"Yeah," he chuckles, "blaze it."

I burst into laughter.

"First of all; never say that again. And second, I was supposed to pick up Emma about an hour ago!" I explained running around the kitchen for the keys.

Dave jolts up, "Its fine. I'll get her, you can stay here." He insisted.

I smiled at the offer then frowned, "Thanks, but since I'm late. She's going to want some sort of payback." I finally found the keys grab my jacket.

He scrunches his eyebrows, "Payback?"

"She's going to make me buy her ice cream or a toy for being late. She does it all the time, only because her friends have already left school and she's always be herself waiting." I say. "Do you want to come with me?"

He nods following me out the door.

I make my way to the drivers seat door when Dave stops me, "Whoa whoa. You're not driving." He leans back on the car.

I cross my arms, "Why not?"

He chuckles, "You had to be sent home because of your morning sickness, who knows what's going to happen when your behind the wheel?"

I laugh, "Dave. I'm fine. A lot of pregnant women drive."

He shrugs, "A lot of pregnant women drive well-"

"Drive well?" I raise my eyebrows. "This isn't about me being pregnant-you think I'm a horrible driver!" I scoff.

He grins, "No no no no. I didn't say that."

"I, for one, know that I am a better driver than you." I smirk.

"Really?"

"Yes." I held my head up high.

"Then you'll have to get past me, if you want to drive." He clenches his jaw.

I nod seemingly thinking that it would be easy, but it was not.

I use all my strength to push him out of the way but instead he stood there like a little girl was trying to tip a cow.

I let out a big sigh, "Fine. You win."

Suddenly, a light bulb shined above my head.

"And you get a prize." I smirk.

His eyes lit up, "What's my prize?"