chapter 22

Demons - Imagine Dragons

Aria's POV

After about a four and a half hours of driving it was midnight when I arrived to the hospital. I stopped the engine of the car and parked it close the entrance. I took all my energy I had left and hurried my way inside. There were cops and random people talking and arguing. The parking lot was full of ambulances trying to get injured people in. It was packed and I wasn't the only who drove 4 hours to get here. I ran through the lobby filled with people and frustrated nurses. I tried to get to a nurse to see what room Dave was in but a police officer stopped me.

"Excuse me I need get through!" I yelled at him trying to get past him.

He stopped me again, "I'm sorry miss, but there are too many people. I can't let you go." He demanded.

"Please I just want to know if my boyfriends okay! Please I just want to see him!" I cried.

"Look there's a lot of people who want to see their boyfriends and girlfriends so your going to have to wait as well." He said sternly.

My face grew hot, "I can't wait any longer! Please just tell me he's okay!" I was know sobbing.

He was about to say something but a nurse took over, "What's his name, sweetheart?" She said comforting me.

"D-Dave Fr-anco." I sniffled.

"Room 305. Go down the hallway and turn left. It should be the last one." She smiled.

"Thank you so much." I smiled back and ran through the crowd. Everything felt like it was in slow motion. I didn't know what to expect. He could be dead for all I know.

The more I thought about the worst scenarios the more tears fell quickly. I just wanted everything to be exactly the way it was.

Just me and Dave. Being us. Just a normal teenage relationship. But the thing is- Dave and I aren't like your typical teenage romance. To me right now, this was a horror show. And I was the main character who was about to die.

I finally made it to his room. I slowly walked up to it. My heart beats loudly as l had my hand on the knob. I was nervous to see what was behind the door. I was scared to see him hurt. I didn't know whether to be happy to see him again or cry to see him covered in blood and chords attached to him. I slowly opened the door to reveal Dave's fragile body. And I cried because he was covered in blood and chords were attached to him. A cast was wrapped around his leg and there were stitches on his forehead. Hot tears endlessly flowed. I stood by his bed. I listened to the monitor beep as I watched him sound asleep. I took his hand and kissed the back of it and held it to my heart.

"I'm so sorry Dave. I-I'm so sorry." I sobbed. "This is all my fault. It should of been me baby. I love you so much please don't leave me. I don't know what I do with you." I stroked his hair and bit my lip. He looked so broken and I wanted to fix him. I wanted to care of him. I wanted to be by his side no matter what. I kissed his forehead. "Marry me, Dave." I smiled. His face was still.

He's going to be okay. I thought to myself. Because from now I was never letting him go. I want to know that he will always be safe.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I heard a voice behind me say.

Fucking Tyler.

"Tyler leave her alone." Jocelyn stepped in. "She didn't do anything wrong."

"No I won't! It's because of you, that caused all of this. Things would be so much better if you were never here. Just do everyone a favor and leave."

I scoffed, "And since when did you start caring about Dave? Your just still trying to get back at me for leaving you! You just couldn't take it that you were the one who got dumped. You think your so cool- calling me names, insulting me, and trying to ruin my life?! Well it's not. I'm done with you Tyler and you know what? Things would have been a lot better if you never showed up! Your pinning this all on me- making me look like the bad guy! Your brainwashing Jocelyn thinking that you're the perfect guy but your not! Dave is! And he will always be a better boyfriend than you'll ever be. So why don't you just do everyone a favor and leave." I demanded.

"You can't tell me what to do, Thompson." He spat as he walked towards me.

"She can't. But I can." Jocelyn said.

Tyler turned around.

"Come on babe, don't say that." He said in the most douchey way possible.

"Aria isn't the only girl to dump you, 'babe'. We're done." She said.

I mentally happy danced while I watched Tyler's face turn red.

"Wh-what? Jocelyn come on your making a big mistake." He said nervously.

"Seeing that when Aria dumped you, and she turned out pretty well, no. I'm not making a big mistake. The only mistake I've made was letting you in my life. And I'll never forgive myself for that." She smiled proudly and so did I.

Tyler stormed out of the hospital- and was never seen since.

I ran up to Jocelyn and engulfed her into a hug. "I'm so sorry I doubted you. I should've listened to you when you told me all those bad things about him." She muffled.

I chuckled, "Yeah, yeah you should've."

She giggled and let go, "So how's he doing?"

"He's definitely been better." I sighed as I looked at him. "Sometimes I think it is my fault."

"No no no no, don't say that." She comforted me. "It's not your fault. And I promise you hon, he will get better and things will be back on its on terms." She smiled.

All of a sudden Jocelyn and I heard the monitor beep faster and faster.

"Jocelyn what's going on?!" I asked.

"I don't know! I'll get a doctor!" She yelled and ran out the door.

"No no no no baby please stay. Don't leave me. Wake up Dave. Wake up! Don't go anywhere please. Look at me Dave please!" I sobbed.

I heard the monitor beep faster and faster the more I talked. "Dave?"

*Beep*

My head turned to the monitor. The red wiggly line was now a straight line.

The walls surrounding me started to close in as nurses and doctors rushed in. They operated on him as Jocelyn pulled me back but I fought.

I kept fighting to see him. I kept denying every moment Jocelyn said 'let's go let's go.' I didn't want to let go. By this time I was crying hysterically and Jocelyn closed the door. I banged my hands against the door screaming. "LET ME IN! LET ME IN!"

Jocelyn comforted me as I slid my back against the door crying.

I was like that for hours on end. Part of me was afraid to see when somebody actually opens the door because that one person will determine if he's still alive or not.

_______________________

I'm sorry this chapter is soo short but I couldn't really think of anything else.

DAVE *CRIES A RIVER*

comment down below what you think will happen to Dave?!

comment #deaddave or #longlivedave

and if your wondering why I kept doing hashtags when it doesn't really do anything well I'm glad you asked. I just like doing hashtags so you guys can comment stuff.

I hope you liked this chapter and don't forget to vote!

love always,

daaydreamer_