eleven // 118 lbs

Start from the beginning

"Uh, yeah."

"Cool. I'm Max," he introduced himself.

"Daisy."

The teacher started class, interrupting our conversation – which I was thankful for because of how awkward I was. Today we began a self portrait of ourselves, and for the whole class while we worked, Max made conversation with me.

Eventually, class came to an end and we bid each other bye.

"Wait –" Max followed me out of the class. "Where's your next class? Maybe we could walk together."

"Oh, um, second floor." Our art class was on the first floor and all the way across the school from where I was heading.

"Mine is too," Max replied.

I was thankful for how chatty he is, because there was no way I would have been able to keep up the conversation. We came to a stop outside of my next classroom, where Auburn stood waiting.

She smirked upon seeing him, letting out stupid giggles when he big goodbye.

"Bye," I smiled and watched him walk away.

"Wow," Auburn nudged me.

"Shut up," I groaned, feeling my cheeks burn.

"Y'all are cute. I ship it," Auburn cheekily added as we walked inside.

"You're annoying."

"I know," she laughed. We sat down in our seats, which we had gotten lucky with and ended up with me sitting in front of her.

"Did you get his number?" Auburn poked me until I turned around.

I glared at her, swatting her hand away. "No."

"What are you waiting for?"

"I just met him like an hour ago," I rolled my eyes and turned back around.

Auburn let out an annoyed groan from behind me, and I couldn't help but to laugh.

***

Lunch was better this time, because Lindsay and Rachel didn't have lunch with us today. Instead, we sat with a group of people Auburn knew, but the two of us kind of stayed to ourselves.

"Hi."

I looked over, my heart skipped a beat when I saw Max standing beside me. Auburn almost choked on her water, and with an annoyed look I glared at her.

Auburn let out a fake cough, eyes boring into the unfamiliar boy standing beside Max. "Hey Connor. What are you guys doing over here?"

"We just came to sit with you guys, if you don't care," Connor shrugged.

"Oh, yeah sure," Auburn scooted over to make room.

Max sat down beside me and Connor across from us with Auburn. Since Max was now here, I hated the idea of looking like a fat whale and completely abandoned my food, shoving my lunch back into my book bag.

I chewed at my lip, my stomach growling as everyone else ate around me. Auburn and Connor immediately immersed in a conversation between each other, leaving Max and I to have to socialize.

"Did you bring a lunch?" Max curiously asked as he munched on a chip.

"I'm not that hungry."

"Just in case," he slid his bag over to me. "You can have some."

My heart skipped another beat. Max is too sweet.

"Thanks," I took the smallest chip just to be reassuring, before pushing the bag back over to Max.

I pretended to eat it, but when he turned away I quickly dropped the chip, and had a few sips of water instead.

***

new character !! (:

thoughts? questions?

qotd: do you have a favorite character from the original?

aotd: jaz and dani!

stay positive. ily <3