[3] The Hill Hospital

Start from the beginning

"Explain her Anne what needs to be done," Mr. Keynes said leaving me and Jane to stare at each other.

"Hi, I'm Anne," I said extending my hand towards Jane. So professional and formal you are Anne, my brain mocks me.

"Hi Anne, I'm Jane Carter," Jane said shaking her warm hands with me.

Jane was dressed like any other reporter. She was casual but smartly dressed in jeans, a brown jacket, and notepad in her hand. Her face was made up, but not overdone and her long black hair was pulled back into a pony-tail. She had the nerdy glasses which gave her a journalist look.

"So what Mr. Keynes had asked you to do?" I asked Jane to start the work before Keynes could fire us for wasting his precious office hours.

"He told me about this mansion situated far but in Lakewood and gave me the details about the boy, who is under investigation James Parker," Jane said adjusting her glasses.

"Do you know where is he?" I asked her so I could visit him and get to know what actually happened in that mansion.

"He is under medical supervision in Hill Hospital," she replied turning few pages of her notepad.

"Are visitors allowed," I asked her hoping a positive remark.

"That's not mentioned, but we can try," Jane said.

"So let's drive to the hospital," I said taking the office car keys with me.

After driving for fifteen minutes we reach The Hill Hospital, the surrounding was a lot fresher, the weather was quite pleasant today, the sky was clear and the grass was soft green. It was showing that there was a need to have holidays, but here was I doing exactly opposite by solving or trying to be a detective for Keynes.

I was missing Derrick, how he would have suggested me and made me happy by helping me or giving a surprise visit to work, nothing was good today and I'm hating every bit of it.

After reaching to the receptionist who was busy recording something on the computer look towards us when I dumped my bag on the desk creating a loud sound enough to startle her.

"Hi, how may I help you," she asked us coming back to her senses.

"Hi, I'm Anne and we are from the Lakewood Local news," I said showing her my office I'd.

"We want to meet the patient named James Parker," I explained personally.

"He might be brought over here recently, he is related to the murder case," I gave her enough details about the boy.

"He is not accepting any visitors but the visiting is permitted," the lady said after looking at the screen.

"You can visit him, but he hasn't talked to anyone," the lady says giving me the register to sign.

"He is in room no 104," saying this the receptionist blinked slowly and shifted back her gaze on screen.

This hospital is nothing like it should be, the outer and inner atmosphere both were having a lot of difference, it is somehow like the creepiest place in Lakewood. Here there is no openness, no space, nothing shines or has the smell of disinfectant. Instead, the way in is down a long hallway so narrow that if a wheelchair or trolley were to come to another way I'd have to dip into a side room to let it go by.

 The walls were once painted, I can tell that from the cream layers that remain, though mostly they show the gray undercoat or perhaps the concrete beneath that. The floor is uneven from so much traffic with both feet and wheels and it's darker than a mausoleum. The air is stagnant like we just went into some pit. There are no hand sanitizers on the walls, how they prevent the spread of germs here I don't know, perhaps they don't. From ahead come muffled voices, some angry, some placating. I bite down on my lip, this isn't going to be fun.

 I bite down on my lip, this isn't going to be fun

COTE!(COMMENT & VOTE)

Follow me on