Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"What is my mom thinking?" I growled.

"Yunus, will you calm down. You're overreacting," chuckled Noah.

He was sitting at his desk going over documents. I had come over to his office to vent my anger. Its how dealt with my anger.

"Overreacting? You think I'm overreacting? You're not the one who was slapped! I mean if my mom wants to visit Zainab, and her family, by all means go ahead. But, why drag me there when I said I didn't want to go anywhere near that crazy girl," I fumed.

He shook his head with a smile.

"You know, most guys get slapped when their being ass holes or they made a move on an unwilling girl," he smiled.

I glared at him.

"So little cousin... which is it?" he asked.

"Neither," I growled again.

"Look Yunus, the girl slapped you... so what? Only Allah knows how many times Kawthar has done something that has shocked me, or upset me. The thing is take it as a lesson. Don't make her mad in the future," he said gently.

"DON'T MAKE HER MAD? Who does she think she is? The queen of Sheba?" I yell getting up from my seat to pace around.

"Well she is your wife... so like it or not you better start listening to her, and just nodding your head," he laughs finding my reaction hilarious. 

"Nodding my head, What am I? Her lap dog?" I hissed.

"Well no... your the guy who got slapped by his fiancé," he laughs throwing his head back.

He wasn't helping with my anger. I was about ready to jump over his desk and give him a good beating. Instead I resorted to glaring at him.

"Look, you're overworking yourself. So you have a temperamental wife, big deal. At least she shows you her emotions instead of hiding them. Besides, let's face it, she didn't just hit you out of the blue. You did something ,you instigated the slap" he said pointing a finger at me at the last part.

I sink into my seat with a frustrated sigh. He was right, as always. I ran a hand through my hair.

"Look man, you dropped your mom off at Zainab's house, without stepping a foot into the house. And all you have to do later is pick up your mom. You still don't have to set a foot into the house so relax and calm down," he said gently.

I sighed once more.

"your right," I leaned back in my seat trying to calm my anger down.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"For the hundredth time I don't want to go to the movies," I said exasperated.

I looked at Yahya, Maimoona and Aunt Ruqaya. They have been for the last 30 minutes trying to get me to go the movies with them. And I have been stubbornly refusing them.

"Oh come on Zai, its Friday night. In two days I leave for Saudi, please come," she pleaded.

I shook my head.

"No, means No. We have our own theater downstairs, we don't need to go out for it," I debated.

"Home theater isn't as fun," interjected Yahya.