Chapter 35: The Unwelcome Letter

They arrived home around lunch time, They got to the house closing the door behind them. Danny went upstairs to get changed whilst Steve had a look at the mail when one specific letter caught his eye, it looked oddly familiar.

STEVE'S POV

I noticed a letter that looked to be from the Navy. I sat down on the couch opening it up slowly, And I began to read.

Dear lieutenant commander Mcgarrett,

I am sorry to say that after the last 9 years of taking a break from the SEALS, You are been called back on a mission. You will need to be back on base by Monday the 20th of June. Where you will be starting the mission.

Sorry to call you back again after so long however you are the best lieutenant commander for this job.

Yours Sincerely

Joe White.

DANNY'S POV

I finished getting changed and walked back downstairs to find Steve sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. I sat beside him placing my hand on his back and began gently rubbing it as a sign of comfort.

"Hey baby, Look at me what's wrong?" I asked concerned.

Steve didn't say anything he just handed me a letter, I read with tears in my eyes as I paced the room. I sat down across the room crying harder, My husband the love of my life was being called back to the Navy on a dangerous mission.

"Is there no way someone else can go instead?" I asked through my tears.

"Baby I wish there was I really do, but I have to do this." Steve reasoned as I got up and began to pace once more.

Steve grabbed my hand more gently than he ever has in the last 10 years we've known each other, he guided me over to the couch as he wrapped his long arms around me protectively.

"Baby I know it'll be hard but remember I bought these rings for a reason I'm always here, there's one thing I forgot to tell you take the ring off." Steve whispered as he pointed to my ring.

I gently removed the ring handing it to Steve at the same time he removed his.

"Look inside it Danno." Steve said as he handed me the ring back holding it to the light speaking aloud.

"My Forever SuperSeal" I let out a little laugh as I spoke.

"And mine says My Forever Danno." Steve said with a smile.

"Steve these are perfect." I smiled.

"How are we going to tell our girl's" Steve asked a single tear rolling down his cheek as his eyes slowly filled with more.

"It'll be okay they'll be home soon Kono and Chin were taking them to get shave ice remember."I replied gently squeezing Steve's hand in comfort.

ONE HOUR LATER

Steve and Danny were cuddling on the couch when they heard the door open and close again, when they looked up to see their girl's and the twins, along with Chin and Kono. They were all smiling until they saw the expression on Steve's face.

"Hey girl's" Steve said trying to smile.

"Are you okay Dad?" Grace asked worriedly.

"Sit down we need to tell you something." Danny said patting the couch between himself and Steve.

The girl's walked over and sat between their dad's, at the same time Kono and Chin sat across from them.

"I recieved a letter today, telling me I have to go away for a little while." Steve said sadly.