chapter 17: comforting grace

When Steve got back to the room as soon as he opened the door Grace was jumping in his arms. Steve could feel her tiny body shake with each tear.

"Hey baby I'm okay I promise you." Steve said rubbing circles on her back as he closed the door.

"Are you sure your okay super seal?" Danny asked.

"I promise both of you I'm fine just glad to be back here with you." Steve said holding Grace and Danny close.

It was not longer after that Grace fell asleep in Steve's arms. It had been a long day. They placed Grace in their bed and ordered room service, they  kept here in their part of the room while they ate that way if she woke up she could eat, but it also meant they could keep an eye on her. After they finished eating Steve lifted her up and they walked into the adjoining room placing her on her own bed tucking her in making sure she had her blanket and bear close by.

"Night night Gracie we love you always." Steve whispered as they both kissed the top of her head and left the room closing the door behind them.

"Some start to our holiday." Steve laughed.

"Tell me about it." Danny said.

Steve turned to Danny giving him a kiss which Danny happily returned and as they kissed Steve began to remove Danny's clothes, "Hey Danno what do you say to doing something more than sleep tonight." Steve whispered against his lips.

"Depends what your intentions are." Danny said returning the kiss.

Steve didn't say anything he just continued to remove Danny's clothes and then started on his own. Before pushing Danny onto the bed.

"As much as I enjoy this what if Grace walks in on us?" Danny asked.

"True but I don't want to hold back anymore Danno I love you too much." Steve said crawling on the bed straddling Danny's thighs.

"I know I feel the same way but I'd rather our daughter didn't walk in on us imagine her being exposed to sex at 8 years old babe." Danny protested.

"So what you propose instead?" Steve asked getting off of Danny.

"How about you wrap your arms around me and I lay my head on your chest the way we haven't done in a long time but you can kiss me first." Danny suggested pulling Steve close.

"I guess so but I would rather more." Steve smirked against Danny's lips.

They lay pressed against each other just talking and recalling memories for ages when Danny suddenly remembered something.

"I never told you did I?" Danny started.

"Told me what?" Steve said looking at Danny slightly confused.

"That my mum moved to Florida a month ago, I have an idea." Danny said answering Steve's question.

"No you didn't tell me that what's your idea." Steve asked.

"Grace spends tomorrow all day and night with her granny and we have all day and night to do whatever we want." Danny suggested with a smile.

"Sounds perfect phone your mum." Steve said handing Danny his phone.

Danny picked up his phone still cuddling Steve.

"Hey Danny how's the holiday?" Clara (Danny's mum) said as she answered the phone.

"Good so far, we are in Florida." Danny said smiling into Steve's chest.

"What happened to your caravan drive?" Clara asked.

"Long story I'll tell you another day." Danny said.

"You'd like me to watch Gracie wouldn't you?" Clara asked.

"Exactly." Danny answered hopefully.

"When?" Clara answered and Danny could tell how happy she was.

"Monday all day and all night we'll pick her up at lunch time on Tuesday." Danny said.

"Great if you need anymore time let me know." Clara answered.

"We will thanks Ma." Danny said.

"So we'll pick her up at 9AM." She said excitedly.

"That's fine." Danny agreed.

"See you tomorrow love you Daniel and you too Steven." She said.

"We love you too Ma." Danny said hanging up the phone.

"I take it that's a yes then?" Steve said before Danny could say anything.

"Of course it is baby." Danny said pressing a kiss to Steve's cheek.

They stayed silently in each other's arms just enjoying the presence.

next day

Danny was still asleep and Steve didn't want to disturb him so he went to wake Grace up to get her ready.

"It's time to wake up sweetheart." He said as he lay next to her giving her a hug.

"Good morning Daddy." Grace whispered sleepily.

Steve didn't have time to reply as Danny walked in.

"Good morning." Danny said walking further into the room sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Good morning Danno." replied Grace and Steve.

"Grace do you remember my mum granny Williams?" Danny answered.

"Yeah why?" Grace asked.

"Well she moved here a wee while ago and she'd really like to spend the day and then have a sleepover with you." Danny said.

"Are you coming with us?" Grace said with a smile.

"Granny is going to look after you just the two of you okay sweetheart." Steve said continuing to hold her.

"I'm excited to see Granny again I miss her." Grace said getting off the bed kissing them both on the cheek.

"Go get ready monkey." Danny said returning the kiss.

"Is it a nice day?" Grace asked.

"Yes baby why?" Steve laughed.

"Because I want to wear a dress." Grace said smiling.

Steve got off the bed lifting her up and spinning her around. "You have no idea how cute you are do you." Steve said hugging her close before putting her back on the ground.

Danny looked at Steve and nodded in agreement as Grace went to get ready.

Steve and Danny were deep in 'conversation' eg. lips against lips whilst they waited for Grace to get ready when the door went.

Danny ran straight to the door.

"Who is it babe?" Steve asked.

"It's my mum." Danny answered.

"Are you ready baby." Steve asked Grace.

"Yes daddy." Grace answered.