chapter 7: surprise at the door

Just as they woke up the door bell rang, Steve got out of bed and ran downstairs to the door. To his surprise it was Catherine his ex girlfriend who was unaware of his relationship with Danny.

"Hey Cath what are you doing here?" Steve said surprised.

"Steve I was back from training away and I was hoping I could crash here for a bit." Catherine said happily, I noticed she was holding her belly.

"Cath there's something I have to tell you." Steve said a bit stunned she was standing in front of him.

"What is it Steve?" Cath said concerned.

"Cath I'm in a new relationship and obviously  you've been away for a couple of years but I'm getting married to this person." Steve said close to a whisper.

"Steve do you think I'd be annoyed? I can't expect you to wait for me to get back every time I leave and we were never really together in the last couple of visits anyway! But who is the lucky girl your marrying?" Cath said excited to meet her.

( To Danny) "Babe come down here. Cath it might take a while they don't like leaving their bed much!" Steve said with a bit of laughter in his voice.

"Babe who's at the door?" Danny called.

"Your marrying Danny?" Cath said more of a question than a statement

"Do you have a problem with this?" Steve asked angrily

"No I'm just surprised I thought you were straight!" Cath said in a rush.

"We're bisexual." They said together not meaning it. They giggled.

"You guys are cute, But you are giggling like teenagers you know?" Cath said giggling herself

"I'm sorry we had to tell you like that but we haven't had a proper chance any other time because your always away." Steve said with a guilty look on his face.

"It's okay I found out this way its not your fault I'm away all the time."  Cath said surprised

They decided to sit in the living room and chat some more, Steve sat with his arm around Danny and Danny with his head on Steve's shoulder.

Cath smiled at them as the men gave her a questioning glare.

"I'm smiling because how cute you guys are and how excited I am for you guys to get married. How do Rachel and Grace feel about this though." Cath said continuing to grin.

"Well thanks Cath. Grace is over the moon for us which is adorable. Rachel however tried to take us to court as she didn't think it was an appropriate environment for a little girl to be around." Danny said the anger flowing in his voice as the memories came flooding back.

"What did the court say?" Cath said intrigued.

"They said that they cannot split up children from parents due to sexuality its not fair in the child, but they said they'd spend a day with us to see how we treated Grace and if it was a good thing for us to be together." Steve said.

"That went well they watched us as we swam, surfed, ate. But it was worth it in the end when they said that me and Steven were cute and deserve Grace he also said he thought it was great that Steve treated her as if his own." Danny said happily grinning at his lover.

"How did Rachel feel about this?" Cath said.

"Well she wasn't happy but we got joined custody but we have her the most and Rachel gets her on a Wednesday but we have her every day apart from that, because the court said she'd have a more stable home with us because they also watched Rachel and Stan with Grace. Which didn't go well apparently." Danny said with a slight smile.

Cath had a confused expression on her face.

"What's with the face Cath?" Steve asked confused himself.

"Where's Grace?" Cath said confused.

"We agreed to give them a weekend together before the whole custody arrangement happened." Danny said.

"Aww okay,(pause) I'll give you guys a break and go for a walk or something." Cath said shyly holding her belly again.

Steve and Danny looked at each other unsure of what to say.

"You don't have to leave but it's up to you!" Steve said

"I think I'll go I really want a walk on the beach to smell that salty water I missed so much." Cath rushed her words excitedly.

"If your sure enjoy your walk." Danny said in a whisper.

And with that Catherine left Steve continued to bring Danny closer as he kept his arm around his waist.

"Did you notice she kept holding her belly?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, do you think she's hiding something?" Danny asked.

"I don't know I guess we'll find out sooner or later." Steve answered.

"Maybe we will." Danny answered.