Chapter 30: The Custody Hearing

Steve and Danny discussed full custody of Milly with Cath since the day they found out that Milly existed and that she had been kept from him for the first 9 years of her life. They found a lawyer and the hearing was a week later.

FLASHFORWARD TO COURT ROOM

"So it is my understanding that this case is for Steven Mcgarrett to have full custody of his daughter Milly as her mother kept the little girl a secret from her father for 9 years, Is this true?" The Judge asked less than pleased.

"Yes Sir." Sophia Armstrong said sadly (Steve's Lawyer).

"Okay Sophia could you please explain to me everything we have in this case?" The Judge asked.

" Miss Rollins kept my client's daughter from him for 9 years while going of to the navy leaving their daughter with her boyfriend who she cheated on my client with. When she came back she wanted to see if Steven would take her back and then she would tell him about the child but when she found out Steven was engaged she decided because her heart was broken she couldn't tell him, and so she left. She was then going back to the navy a week ago and left the child at Steven's work for the little girl to tell Steven everything when she was eventually found in his office. Steven is now fighting for full custody of the little girl." Sophia answered the Judges question.

"Miss Rollin's is this true?" The Judge asked shocked that a navy SEAL could do such a thing.

"Yes Sir it is" Catherine answered angrily.

"Excuse me Miss Rollins calm your tone when speaking to me you are hear because you kept Steven's daughter from him." The Judge said with anger present in his voice.

"Now I think I'll continue! Steven do you think your household will be more financially stable and of a family household?" The Judge asked.

"I do" Steve said.

"Do you have reason for this?" The Judge asked.

"Yes I am married so there will always be somebody at home when she's not at school. She also has a step- sister who is the daughter of my husband. We both work in a stable job that pays well." Steve replied.

"Miss Rollins can you tell me why you think you'll have a more stable home?" The Judge asked.

"No because I know I don't have a stable home because I'm in the navy and I'm not married." Catherine replied cheekily.

"Miss Rollins again with your tone, So if you believe you don't have a stable home why do you object to Mr Mcgarrett having full custody of his daughter?" The Judge asked.

"I object because he is married to a man" Catherine replied with a smirk.

" You object because of his sexuality well Miss Rollins that is no reason to object to him having custody of his daughter. Let's take a break and we'll come back when I've made my descision." The Judge replied.

DURING THE BREAK

Steve was sitting in a chair with Danny's hand in his, Danny squeezed it as a sign of comfort reminding Steve he's here for him always.

"Baby remember I'm here for you and your more likely to win this." Danny whispered so only the two of them knew what he said.

"I know baby thank you for being here for me." Steve whispered placing a kiss on Danny's cheek.

"I'll always be here for you where else would I be?" Danny asked concerned for his partner.

"With Grace Caleb and Anna." Steve said with a nervous smile.

"Never, Your my husband Grace might be a young mum of twins but she can handle it for a couple of hour's I love you and right now this is what's important and Grace know's this. Steve your the best thing that's ever happened to me don't forget that." Danny said reassuringly.

"I love you, you know" Steve said with a smile of thanks.

" Me too." Danny said with a squeeze to the younger's hand.

They sat hand in had not saying anything until they saw the judge walking into the courtroom. No more than 10 minutes later they were called. Everyone came in and sat down.

"I have came to my final descision of this case" The Judge said before taking a long pause.

"And custody goes to Mr Steven McGarrett, Miss Rollins can see Milly at the chosen time of her father." The Judge said with a smile.

Steve let go of the breath he didn't even know he was holding.

"Hearing dismissed." The Judge said before hitting the gaval off of the block.

THE CAR GOING BACK TO THE McGarrett HOUSEHOLD.

Steve and Danny sat in the car for few minutes talking happily as they hadn't seen much of each other today since they've been in court all day.

"Congratulations baby boy, I knew you'd win" Danny said with a grin.

"Thank you Danno." Steve said sighing with relief once more.

Steve grabbed Danny's waist pulling him closer placing his lip's against his lover's, They kissed passionately until suddenly there was a knock on the window. Steve let go of Danny looking up to find CATHERINE at the window. Danny rolled down the window.

"Catherine?" Steve said questioningly.

"Look I'm sorry for what I said back there you guys are cute and deserve each other please accept my apology." Cath pleaded.

"Cath you can't say one thing and then just apologise and expect everything to be better it doesn't work like that" Steve said angrily.

"I know I get it, I was just going to ask if I could see Milly one more time because I'm leaving for the navy tomorrow and what I'm going to do means I might never come back." Cath said pleadingly.

"You can see her." Steve said blankly.

After that they drove home.