chapter 14: danno's visit

Danny arrived at the hospital with Gracie after grabbing each a coffee and Grace a water, when they arrived at Steve's room he noticed his face was red with tears.

"How you feeling baby?" Danny said placing the coffee's down.

"Better than before but your letter made me cry as I'm sure you noticed." Steve replied wiping his cheek's

"Why were you crying?" Danny asked taken Steve's hand in his.

"The letter you left me and picturing everything in my head, I was so scared Danny, But I was also crying because how you ended the letter." Steve smiled interlocking their fingers

"Baby there's no need to be scared anymore." Danny whispered comfortingly.

"I know baby I really love you both of you." Steve whispered back.

"We really missed you baby. Tell him Gracie." Danny smiled turning to their daughter.

"It's true daddy we missed you and we are so glad your feeling better. But what letter?" Grace agreed with her dad with a bright smile.

"I don't really think you should read it right now maybe when your older." Steve said bringing Grace onto the bed.

"Why can't I read it?" Grace whispered confused.

"You can't read it baby girl because I dont think little girls your size should read something like this you won't be able to understand properly." Danny said placing a gentle hand on Grace's back.

"Okay Danno." Grace agreed.

"Now we've talked a bit can we please have a cuddle?" Steve asked impatiently.

Without a word Danny lent over passionately kissing Steve.

"That's not a cuddle Danno." Grace said with a giggle.

"I've missed this we haven't done this in two days" Danny said against Steve's lips as they both laughed at Grace.

They all cuddled together.

"I love you Danno and you to Gracie." Steve said kissing both of their foreheads.

"Daddy?" Grace said curiously.

"Yeah baby what's up?" Steve said looking at Grace.

"When can you come? We miss you." Grace said leaning closer to Steve.

Just as Grace asks that the doctor walks in.

"He can go home today if he behaves" The doctor chimed in.

"So that will be another few days then." Danny said making them all laugh.

"What exactly is that supposed to mean?" Steve said sulking.

"I was joking calm down." Danny smiled.

3 hours later

Steve was allowed home from the hospital, when they arrived home Steve was forced to lie down while Danny made dinner.

"You know Danny I could help you make dinner I'm not disabled." Steve said hoping Danny would change his mind.

"I am aware your not disabled I just think you deserve the rest and to be waited upon." Danny said continuing his way around the kitchen.

"I know you do."Steve said getting up from the couch and walking to the kitchen, wrapping his arms around Danny placing his head on his lovers shoulder.

"I missed this the last couple of days wish we were still on our honeymoon." Danny said turning his head to look at Steve.

"So why don't we go somewhere, we have a month of work and it's only been a few days so why don't the three of us as a family go away somewhere what about Disneyland or Florida?" Steve suggested squeezing Danny tighter.