Chapter 32: In Sickness And In Health

It's been a couple of weeks since Catherine left Milly is settling and Steve is feeling less and less guilty every day.

STEVE'S POV

I was asleep when all of a sudden I heard a noise. I immediately woke up to see my husband wasn't in bed beside me. That's when I heard the horrible sound of Danny being sick. I got up and ran downstairs grabbing water and medication for him. I went back up stairs checking the time 3AM. I walked into the bathroom to find him hunched over the toilet emptying his insides.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked sitting next to him on the floor.

I gently rubbed his back as he sat back from the toilet with a sigh.

"I woke up with a pounding headache and the urge to throw up, Did I wake you up?" Danny sighed.

"Aww baby don't worry about me there's meds, and water beside the bed." I said lifting him up to help him back to the bed passing him the water to take the meds hoping it helps.

"Thanks super seal." He said with a smirk.

"Lie down, and try, and ,get some sleep goldilocks." I said placing a kiss on his forehead.

"Goldilocks?" Danny replied giggling.

"Well you have blonde locks so goldilocks." I said with a smirk.

Danny snuggled into my arms and began to relax when all of a sudden he was getting up again to run to the bathroom and this happened all night. We eventually fell asleep before our alarm went off.

"Go back to sleep baby, I'll get the girl's ready for school and the twins to nursery and then I'll go to work." I said cuddling a murmuring Danno laying on my chest.

"You can't go to work with no sleep." Danny mumbled.

"I'll be fine. I'll be home later to check on you." I said placing a kiss on Danny's head before pulling on my clothes.

I walked out of the room and across the hall to wake up the girl's.

"Good morning girl's it's time to get ready for school." I said placing a kiss on each of their foreheads.

I walked downstairs to make breakfast.

The girl's came downstairs 10 minutes later dressed and hair done with Grace carrying two sleepy babies. I helped her put them in the high chairs. We sat down with breakfast in front of us.

"Where's Danno?" Grace asked confused.

"He's sick baby." I explained.

"Will he be okay?" Grace asked concerned for her dad.

"He will be, he was just a bit sick during the night." I explained.

"Right girl's finish getting ready and say bye to Danno" I told them.

They ran upstairs to pack their school bags.

"Girl's come on we're going to be late." I shouted up the stairs whilst putting shoes on the twin's.

They came running down the stairs and out to the car. We all got in and set off.

"Sorry Dad we were saying goodbye to Danno." Grace smiled apologetically.

"It's okay girl's." I smiled.

I dropped Grace off at secondary school Milly at primary school and the twin's at nursery.

I then headed to work.

I walked into HQ to find a shadow in Danny's office I couldn't see who it was as the blind's were shut all I could see was an outline at the computer. I walked in to find my husband at work.

"Daniel Williams Mcgarrett, What are you doing here?" I asked annoyed that he didn't listen to me.

Danny jumped at the sight of me at the door, I guess he didn't think I'd notice.

"I work here." he answered cheekily.

"But your sick please go home." I pleaded.

"But babe I feel better." he said wrapping his arms around me.

"Babe you haven't eaten anything or had any sleep not to mention  you were up all night sick. I'm taking you home." I told him opening the door of his office.

" Steven." Danny argued.

" I'm taking you home be ready in 5 minutes." I said before walking into Kono's office.

"Hey boss." Kono said with a smile.

"Hey I'm going to take Danny home." I said with a smile.

"Okay boss." Kono replied.

"Hey Kono, Mine and Danny's anniversary is coming up. Do you think you Adam and Chin could look after the girl's and twins for us please?" I asked hopeful.

"Of course how long?" Kono asked excitedly.

"Friday until Monday?" I said more of a question.

"When?" Kono asked happily.

"This weekend hopefully." I said with a hopeful smirk.

"Yes of course everyone will help, What are you planning?" Kono asked.

"Taking him to New Jersey, His home." I said with an excited smile.

"Take a week." Kono said insistently with a hopeful smile.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes of course, You guys deserve a week out go please we'll be fine here. Plus Danny will want to spend time there not rush everything into a couple days. Go have fun." Kono reassured.

"Okay." I said giving her a hug.

That's when Danny walked in.

"Am I interrupting something?" Danny giggled.

"Nope lets go Danny." I laughed.

We got into the car to drive home.

"Why are you forcing me home to bed?" Danny asked me.

I carried on driving home without a word until we pulled into the driveway where I took Danny's hand and spoke.

"I am forcing you home to bed because your not well and haven't slept and I want to look after you." I replied.

"You don't have to." Danny said smirking.

"Danny when we got married we vowed that we'd be there for each other in sickness and in health and I'm going to do exactly that because I love you." I said kissing Danny's forehead.

"I love you too super seal." Danny smiled.

We still had a few hour's until we had to pick up our girl's. So I lay beside Danny. He placed his head on my chest and I placed my arms around his waist.

"Gorgeous, are you going to tell me why you had Kono in your arm's earlier?" Danny asked me smirking.

"She and Chin are going to watch the kids next week for us." I answered smiling .

"Why?." He asked me confused. 

"Because I'm taking you away for our anniversary but where we are going is a surprise." I answered with a smile.

"Where are we going?" He asked suspiciously.

"Danno, I just said it's a surprise." I answered with a smirk.

"Okay just give me a cuddle while I try to get some sleep." Danny said with a smirk.

"Okay sleep well Danno, I love you forever." I said placing a kiss on the top of his head.