chapter 22: the conversation between Steve and Danny

\\

Danny decides it's time to tell Steve about Stan and what he done to Grace.

"Steve can I talk to you please?" Danny questioned.

"Of course what's up?" Steve replied.

"Grace" Was all Danny could say.

"Is she okay?" Steve began to get worried he walked over sitting next to him placing an arm around his waist as a sign of comfort.

"Well she is now, did you notice that ever since Stan died she's been happier?" he asked.

"I guess so why what did Stan do?" Steve started getting angry.

"Whenever he had a bad day he'd go out drinking but because Grace wasn't his he hated the sight of her especially when he had alcohol inside so he'd beat her" Danny's voice shook as he let go of the last word he wrapped his arms around Steve looking for comfort.

"Why didn't she tell us?" he asked.

"Because she didn't want to anger us and upset us, She was looking out for us, Even though we should be looking out for her" He said barely a whisper.

"Danny calm down baby. He's gone now he can't hurt her." Steve pleaded

"It's not that simple Steve I wish I could but up until I met you I thought she was the only thing I needed in my life and then when we realised our feelings for each other and then my life changed for the better but over the last few months things seem to keep happening to us and I still want us to be a family because I know no matter what you'll look after us and you love us no matter." Danny spoke really fast.

"Baby calm down I'll always be there for you and Gracie always, Never forget that" Steve whispered as he layed his head on Danny's shoulder.

"I know you do baby but the thing is I worry that something will go wrong between us." Danny said hesitant.

"Danny stop talking like that right now, I will never let anything happen to you please relax." Steve pleaded.

"I'll try my best." Danny reasoned

"I love you, you know" Steve reminded him holding him close placing a gentle kiss on the top of his head.

Danny shuffled closer to Steve wrapping his arms around the man he loves, more than ever before.

"I'm sorry" Danny mumbled.

"For what?" Steve questioned.

"For having panic attacks" Danny replied.

" Danny it's okay to have panic attacks. It's okay to have anxiety nobody is going to bully you for that especially when I'm around" Steve replied in comfort to his husband.

"I love you baby you always know what to say" Danny whispered back placing his head on his chest.

Steve didn't say anything he just gently rubbed Danny's back until eventually they fell asleep. Steve was a really light sleeper compared to Danny so he awoke at the slightest sound, tonight it happened to be a scream that came from Grace's room, Steve got up gently placing Danny on the couch to go and make sure Grace was okay. He ran as fast as he could up the stairs into her room, Steve paused as he walked in making sure she was awake and he hadn't imagined it, but sure enough she was sitting head in hands shaking. Steve sat on the bed beside her picking her up and placing her on his lap, she wrapped her arms around his neck. Steve held her close rubbing her back gently to show he was there when she wanted to talk she continued crying.

That's when a shadow appeared down the hall, Grace panicked but it turned out it was Danny turning the corner. They moved to Steve and Danny's room because its bigger and there's more room they placed Grace in between them, They talked about the nightmares and then they eventually all fell asleep Graces head on Steve's chest and Danny's arms around her waist.