Chapter 31: Saying Goodbye

The three arrived back at the Mcgarrett household no more than 15 minutes later. They stepped out of their cars and walked towards the house.

"Thank you so much for this Steve." Cath said with a smile.

"You have no more that thirty minutes" Steve said giving her the cold shoulder.

"Steve I get your mad but you could you at least not be so rude?" Cath said with a smile.

"After what you did to me I wouldn't bank on it." Steve replied angrily.

IN THE HOUSE

"Milly, can you come her for a minute please" Cath shouted.

Milly came running into the room wrapping her arms around Catherine.

"Baby sit on my lap a minute, I need to talk to you." Cath said with a little smile.

"Mummy?" Milly said as a question.

" Baby, Daddy is going to be looking after you from now on" Catherine said with tears in her eyes.

"Why aren't you?" Milly asked confused.

"I'm not because I done something really horrible and daddy was mad and he has every right to be, don't be mad at him please honey its my fault. If your going to be mad at anyone be mad at me. Daddy took me to court and he won full custody of you. But baby I'm going to the navy so daddy would be looking after you anyway but when I come home I won't get to see you much." Cath cried as she spoke.

"Mummy why is daddy mad at you?" Milly asked a tear falling down her cheek.

" Daddy is mad because I never told him he had a daughter so he didn't find out until a 9 years after you were born, but the thing is I went to see him a couple of years ago when I was going to tell him but he was getting married to his husband, and I couldn't bring myself to tell him. You probably won't understand right now but I'm sure if you ask when your older he'll  explain." Cath said more tears falling as she wrapped her arms around the little girl.

Milly didn't say anything she just cried in her mother's arms. Catherine turned around to see Steve standing in the doorway.

"Cath do you want to stay for dinner?" Steve asked with a little smile.

"I'd like that, a lot thank you." Cath said with a smile.

"Mummy have you met Anna and Caleb yet?" Milly said with a huge smile.

"No I haven't who are they?" Cath said with a smile.

"My sister's twins." Milly said excitedly.

"Grace has children, honey I'll be back in a minute." Cath said a little annoyed.

"Okay." Milly said.

"Steve can I speak to please?" Cath said.

"Of course." Steve said walking outside and sitting on a chair.

"Grace has children" Cath shouted.

"Yes but there's a story behind this she didn't choose it." Steve said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Cath asked.

"Catherine, at her sixteenth birthday party somebody put drugs in her juice and raped her okay." Steve said angrily.

"Ohh" Cath mumbled.

" Yeah Ohhh, should have thought before you opened your mouth huh" Steve said blankly again.

That's when Danny walked out the back.

"What's the shouting about?" Danny asked worriedly.

"Sorry baby I didn't realise we were shouting" Steve smiled.

"What's going on?" Danny asked.

"Catherine was asking questions about the twin's." Steve said angry.

"You were what?" Danny practically shouted.

"I'm sorry Milly asked me if I had met them and said they were her sister's children." Cath said.

"She was probably just trying to find a reason for the hearing to get looked at again, for her to have full custody." Steve said giving Catherine a dirty look.

"That's not true and you know it." Cath shouted.

"Cath cool it, I was just angry I'm sorry." Steve said apologetically.

They talked it out and went to the kitchen to eat and chatted for a couple of hours. I mean you can't really call it chatting it was pretty awkward. Cath got up from the table placing her dishes in the sink.

"I think its time for me to go and pack." Cath said nervously.

"Okay good luck where ever you are going." Steve with a smile.

"Baby girl say bye to your mum." Steve said with a little smile when a look of sadness and guilt clouded over when he saw the scene in front of him.

Milly was in her mums arms crying begging her not to leave.

Catherine got up grabbing her handbag. She spoke as she opened the door.

"Goodbye Milly I love you forever."

Milly ran into Steve's arms he lifted her up placing her head on his shoulder hugging her tight the way he always did if Grace was upset.

"It's okay baby." Steve said in comfort.

2 HOURS LATER

Everyone was in bed.

DANNY'S POV

Steve and I were lying in bed, not saying much but just enjoying each other's presence, well at least I was until I heard sniffing beside me I turned around to my left to see tears rolling down my best friend's cheek.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked concerned.

"Am I being a horrible person?" Steve said tears falling even harder.

"No your not she deserves this, she kept your daughter from you." I said even more concerned.

"Does she though"

"Stop this now!" I near shouted.

"Stop what?" Steve argued back full of question.

"Babe, listen to me. Your the stongest most smartest man I know. Stop doing this to yourself, Baby this is your daughter we're talking about. You only make descisions we know are necessary. Do you want to see your baby girl?" I said as I wrapped my arms around my baby.

"Thanks for the support I love you for that I love that you always comfort me when I need it. By the way She's OUR daughter, And yes go and get OUR baby girl's" Steve said hugging me tighter.

I walked out of our bedroom and walked into the girl's room.

"Hey girls come to mine and Dad's room a minute okay." I said with a smile we needed hugs from our baby's.

I walked back into the bedroom and sat on the bed beside my gorgeous husband who now had a grin on his face no tears left.

"You look cheerful." I said with relief in my voice.

"Yeah because I'm going to get cuddles from my girl's in a minute" Steve said with an even bigger smile.

That's when Grace walked into the room carrying a giggling Milly.

"Okay I woke you up to cheer up your daddy he needs hugs."I said as I lifted Milly out of Grace's arms placing her on the bed as Grace climbed on.

"What's wrong Daddy?" Milly said wrapping her arms around Steve.

" A lot of thing's but baby right now I don't need to answer questions I need hugs from both of you." He said as he brought them into his arms and I saw a single tear roll down his cheek.

I looked at him and mouthed "Stop that right now, There's no need for tear's" I mouthed with a reassuring smile.

"I'm sorry baby"He mouthed back.