chapter 2: Telling Steve

(A few hours later)

Danny and Steve were sitting watching the game, eating pizza, with Danny doing his usual complaining about how pineapple doesn't go on a pizza.

Steve was worried about Danny, he had noticed that Danny was being detached and distant from him recently, he didn't stay over as much either.

Danny decided it was time to confess to Steve before it got any later.

"steveihavesomethingtotellyou!!!" Danny cried out, too fast for Steve to hear.

"Danny, I didn't understand a single word you said, stop speaking so fast" he whined, nudging the others shoulder.

"Steve, I have something to tell you" he repeated, slower this time.

"Are you okay Danny? Is Gracie okay?" Steve whispered nervously, leaning closer to Danny.

"Gracie's fine and so am I" Danny replied, stress clear in his voice.

"So what's bothering you? why have you been so distant recently?" Steve grumbled, feeling agitated, he couldn't figure out his partners reasons for acting weird around him.

"The reason is...I-I finally realised something" he paused, taking a deep breath "I-I think I'm in love with you!" He stuttered, hiding his face in his hands.

Steve looked stunned, he wasn't sure he heard him correctly. Danny quickly became overwhelmed with embarrassment and quickly ran for the door.

"Danny, don't leave! I love you too" Steve cried out, standing from the chair and striding toward his partner. 

"Really?" He looked at Steve with wide eyes and a pounding heart.

"Yeah, Danno, I do. I wouldn't lie to you" Steve smiled shyly, scanning Danny's face.

"I thought you were straight? What about Catherine?"

"I could say the same for you, you've got a daughter and a previous marriage to a woman" Steve chuckled.

"Okay, so what do we do now?" Danny took his bottom lip between his teeth, it had became a new habit of his.

"Well, I'm in love with you, the only logical thing to do is start dating" Steve mumbled, afraid Danny would reject him.

Danny felt like there was nothing else he could say, instead, he cupped Steve's cheeks and leant down, gently placing his lips on the others. Danny shook slightly, he too, was nervous. He was unsure if Steve would accept his kiss, Danny was only seconds from pulling away but Steve stopped him from doing so by wrapping his arms around the older's neck, pulling him closer. Danny smiled into the kiss, ran his hands through Steve's hair and teasingly bit on the youngest bottom lip.

They eventually pulled away once they both ran out of air, Steve tiredly wrapped his arm around Danny's waist, while Danny rested his head on Steve's shoulder.

"Danny I mean what I say, although most people believe I'm straight and incredibly handsome, if I do say so myself, but I'm bisexual. I didn't realise this until 3 years ago when I met you, and Danny, you're the only person I want to spend the rest of my life with" Steve's cheeks began heating up as he pressed his forehead against Danny's, they both watched each other with awe filled expressions.

"Steve, I'm bisexual too, I feel the same way, you're the only person I want to spend my life with and I love you" Danny sighed happily, looking at the man he had spent the whole of the week thinking about.

It was then that Steve gently took ahold of Danny's hand before leading him upstairs to Steve's bedroom. Steve eagerly undone danny's shirt before swiftly removing it. The same action was repeated with Danny as they both passionately kissed one another, removing each other's trousers in the process. Steve lay on the bed, tugging Danny gently on the arm to join him. For now, they would do nothing but cuddle, both agreed that taking their relationship slow was the best course, neither of them knew if they were ready to go that far just yet, especially since it was both of their first time dating a guy.

They whispered sweet nothings quietly into each others ears as they cuddled for what felt like forever. They talked about how they would tell people about their relationship and when the right time would be to reveal their new found feelings.