Chapter 57

I watched as he walked away, unable to move. With a push by Aaron I ran down the stairs.

"Nick, wait!" I shouted as I ran to catch up to him. He stopped but didn't turn around. "It's not what it looked like."

"Is that why you wanted to come back Here? For him?" He asked with his back to me.

"No. I came back for Griffins' chemo."

He turned to face me."That would have been believable if I hadn't just saw you locking lips with Zak."

"I wasnt!" I argued. "He kissed me. I tried to push him away."

He rolled his eyes and snorted. "You tried."

"I did!"

"I think could have pushed him away, if you really wanted to!" He yelled.

"That's what I was doing!" I yelled. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I didn't want to scream like some kids. I wanted to have a civilized conversation instead. "Can I explain?" I asked, my voice calmer than what is was before. He nodded and waited for me to continue. "He just showed up, out of the blue. Said he needed to talk to me. He told me that he was in love with me. I told him that I was in love with you and only you, then he kissed me."

He stared blankly at me, and didn't reply. "Nick I love you. I'm in love with you. If I wanted him, I'd be with him. You're the only one I want to be with." I glanced behind him to Aaron and Zak, who sat there on the steps staring at the ground. I returned my eyes to Nick's to find him staring just to the right of me. I looked that way and saw he was looking at his car. I sighed. "I have nothing else to say and you won't respond. I'm sorry." I started walking back towards Aarons'. I paused for a second and said "Just know that I love you." before walking again.

"Now hold on a damn minute!" Aaron yelled coming down the porch steps quickly. "Are you forgetting that I was here?" He asked Nick, who just shrugged his shoulders. "You're stupid if you think Saige has any feelings towards Zak." Nick opened his mouth to speak but Aaron cut him off as he started walking closer to him. "Do yourself a favor and shut up before you dig yourself into a hole you can't get out of." He hissed.

"I was upstairs putting Griffin in his bed. He had chemo today, in case you didn't know. Anyway I was upstairs when I heard a knock on the door. I knew Saige was down there so I let her open it. I could tell right away that it was Zak. I just thought he was here to get the camera I accidentally left in my bag. When I came down the stairs I didn't hear or see anything so I went to the door to see what was up. She was struggling Nick, and you think she wanted it. Her hands were pushed against the two of them while he held her to him." Again Nick opened his mouth, only to be cut off again. "No she wasn't kissing him back. Her jaw was clenched and her eyes were wide open in shock."

Not wanting to hear anymore I turned back to the house. I had a child to be there for when he woke up. I ignored Zak and I walked up the stairs, but he reached out and touched me. I whipped myself around and attacked him.

"I hate you! I seriously hate you! If you had any ounce of love for me, you would back the fuck off and let me be happy! But no you have to be you and try to weasel your way in. I loved you, years ago. I love Nick now and you're ruining everything!" I lunged at him. I felt arms wrap around me, restraining me. "Let me go, Aaron!" I yelled as I tried to reached for Zak. "Let me go. He needs to pay. I'm sick of this. I'm sick of him!"

"I'll put you down after you calm down." He said. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breathes, trying to calm myself down. I felt Aaron's arms loosen, so I took the opportunity to throw myself at Zak, causing us both to fall to the ground. Quickly I was grabbed and held back, this time tighter than before. I watched as Nick walked closer.

I sighed and spoke softly. "You can let me go. I won't go after him again."

"I'm not sure if I should." He replied.

"Aaron I promise. I'm just going to head inside and to stay with Griffin." Slowly he let go of me. I turned to him and smiled, then I continued to the door. "Oh and Zak." He turned his attention to me. "I quit."

Nick reached his hand out to help Zak up. Zak smiled at took it. Nick helped him to his feet before smiling and sending a fist to Zak's face, causing him to fall again.

"Damn!" Aaron laughed.

"Stay the fuck away from my family." Nick growled before walking past Aaron, who was trying to hold back his laughter as Zak glared at him. He walked to me and offered me a smile. I rolled my eyes and entered the house and closed the door behind me. It opened back up. "Saige I'm sorry."

I ignored him. He stepped in front of me with a frown on his face. "I'm sorry. I truly am."

"You're not. When it happen again you won't believe me."

"It won't happen again."

"You don't know that."

"I do." He nodded. "And if it does, I promise I will believe you." I started blankly at him, not fully believing him. He stood there for a minute before pulling me to him and started peppering my face in kisses repeating, "I'm sorry" and "forgive me" over and over again. I laughed as his beard tickled my neck. He smirked and did it again.

"Alright, alright. I forgive you."

"Yes!" He cheered. "I love you." He said happily as I went back to kissing my face.

"I'm a mad woman."

"How so?" He asked leaning back.

"I killed a man."

"I know." He nodded. "But it was self defense."

"When I snapped at Zak earlier I wasn't going to stop until he was dead." I frowned. "He brought back bad memories."

"I know." He whispered hugging me to him.

"I'm sorry."

"Now, why the hell are you sorry? You didn't do anything wrong."

"I'm sorry I'm psycho."

"You're not psycho."

"Crazy then."

He chuckled. "You are crazy. But that's one of the many things I love about you. It's also why I keep the kitchen knifes dull."

"Hey!" I shouted and began laughing as he ran off, laughing his head off.

* * *

A/N: One more chapter to go. It's been a fun project to work on. :)