Chapter 35

**Nick's POV**

I was ecstatic. I had the love of my life back. I couldn't be any happier. I took her out to eat that night so we could talk a bit more. I was okay with her decision to take things slow. I knew that I would need to gain back her trust and that's what I planned on doing.

My goal was to call her everyday. I wasn't going to let the almost 3,000 miles between us get in the way. I wanted to prove myself to her.

I headed back home to Boston the next day. I wanted to stay longer, but I had work to do and another investigation was coming up in a few days.

I was shocked to learn that Katrina and Rob had finished going through all the evidence. All I had to do was look through their findings before we began editing to make everything fit into an episode for the network. I was glad I had let Katrina stay at my house while I went to Tennessee. I'm not sure what I'd do without her sometimes. She keeps me on track.

"How'd it go?" Katrina asked.

"Good." I smiled and turned towards my computer screen.

"You're in a good mood. Did she take you back?"

"Uh huh." I nodded. She smiled and didn't say anything else as I reviewed their findings.

**Saige's POV**

I sat back and watched as Griffin played with a little train set Nick bought him before he left. Griffin was fascinated by it. Jay had set it up around the living room and Griffin was having a blast dragging it from one end of the room to the other. Since Ashley and Jay were out for a little awhile and Griffin was distracted playing with his new train, I decided to call Aaron and let him know what was going on.

"Sup, Munchkin?" Aaron greeted smiling at the camera.

"Nothing. Just watching Little G play." I responded.

"What's he playing with?" 

"A train set Nick bought him."

"Nick bough him a train set?! Nick never bought me a train set! I'm jealous!" He cried dramatically making me laugh. Griffin looked up at me but then went back to playing. "Wait, when did you see Nick?"

"He stopped by."

"He drove 16 and half hours just to give his son a train set?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Not exactly." I mumbled.

"Tell me Munchkin. I wont be upset. I promise."

Truthfully I wasn't worried about Aaron's response to this. I was more worried about Zak.

"Well we talked." I began. "And I'm going to give him another chance."

I watched a huge grin spread across his face and I relaxed a little. I was still worried about how Zak was going to take it. "That's great!" Then he frowned. "Does that mean you're leaving me?" He pouted.

I shook my head. "No I'm staying in Vegas. We're taking things slow this time. I don't want to move back to Boston and then have to move back to Vegas because he screws up again."

"Yay I keep my roommates!" I laughed as he did a little dance. "Why the long face?" He asked after he stopped his happy dance.

"How will I tell Zak?"

"Don't worry about him."

"He'll be upset."

"Maybe not. The guy's in love with you. He probably just wants you to be happy." He smiled.

"You've talked to him haven't you?"

"You know I'm right here, right?" Zak laughed stepping next to Aaron. "I heard everything. Like Aaron said, I want you to be happy. If Nick makes you happy then that's great."

"Thanks." I smiled as a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

"I will tell him though that if he fucks up again I will swoop in and claim you as my own."

"Okay." I laughed.

The three of us talked for awhile before I had to get Griffin ready to eat, as Jay and Ashley were due to be back any minute. I ended the call with a smile on my face. I was glad they had taken the news well. And I knew Zak would be getting a hold of Nick in no time and telling him what he told me.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

A/N: How is it? I'm honestly not sure where I'm going with this story. My mind has started to draw blanks when I try thinking of ideas for this :/

~Iza