Chapter 8

"Holy cow look at this view." Aaron said from the beach. The sun was just about to set and the sky was a beautiful shade of pink and purple.

"Hey, dummy get over here before you have nothing left to eat!" Zak yelled at him as he watched Jay reach over and steal a few fries out of Aaron's plate.

"Dude!" Aaron shouted turning around in time to see Billy trying to do the same.

"Caught red handed." Jay laughed, making me snort.

"And she snorts." Zak laughed.

"Shut up." I hissed but laughed as well.

We sat there eating and enjoying the sunset. We had just returned from a tour of the place they were going to be investigating . They did a few interviews, while I did what I was there for, to take pictures.

"So, you ready for tomorrow?" Billy asked, gaining my attention.

"Sure." I answered as I stabbed my steak with my fork.

"It'll be fun." Jay smiled.

"Sure, sure." I waved him off. 

About two months ago I was what Zak called 'moved up' in the crew. I not only took pictures, now I was able to join in on the actual investigation. I was still a little unsure about it, and stuck to only my photography job, but this investigation Zak had convinced me to join them. I agreed but told him I would stay at base camp.

"You'll do fine." Aaron smiled throwing an arm around me.

"I know." I smiled. "I'm just that awesome." I laughed.

* * *

I was waken up the following morning by Jay frantically banging on my hotel door. When I opened it and asked what he wanted, he laughed and skipped away.

I decided to get ready. I took a quick shower and got dressed. I pulled open the hotel for, just as Zak was about to knock on it.

"You're up and ready." He said taking in my appearance.

"Yup." I nodded. "Jay woke me up."

"He woke me up too." He growled. "Wanna grab lunch?"

"Sure." I mumbled stepping out of the room, letting the door close behind me.

We walked out of the hotel and into one of the many food places surrounding where we were staying.

I ordered my food, paid for it and walked to the pick up line to get it when it was called.

"I was gonna buy you lunch, you know." Zak said softly from beside me.

"Don't worry about me." I told him.

"Too late, I already worry about you."

"Well don't."

"Order 987." A girl behind the counter said. I stepped forward and grabbed my food from her. I told her thank you and flashed her a smile, which she returned. I turner around and made my way to a table.

"You know." Zak said sitting down in front of me. "You have an attitude."

"I've been told." I said pushing my food away. Suddenly being alone with Zak brought back the memory of when he called me fat.

He frowned. "That's a waste of money."

"Did you pay for it? No. Then fuck off."

"Are you bipolar?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I could be. Could also have ADD. Who knows."

"Why are you in a bad mood?" He questioned pushing my food towards me.

"I'm not."

"Saige." He warned shooting me a stern look.

"Okay fine." I gave in. "I didn't sleep well last night. Or for the last few weeks." I mumbled the last part but I knew he hear me.

"You're having trouble sleeping?" He frowned. I nodded. Again he pushed my food in front of me. He glared at me until I started eating. "Why can't you sleep?"

"Don't know." I told him honestly.

"Does Aaron know?"

"No."

"Is it because of him?" He asked quietly.

Now it was my turn to glare. "No."

"Really?"

"Maybe. I don't know. I'd rather nothing think about him."

"You still love him."

"So what? Not like it makes a difference. He still cheated." I sighed and closed my eyes. "It almost makes what you did harmless." I opened my eyes to see Zak smiling at me. "What?" I questioned.

"Do you forgive me for that? I was stupid."

"Yes you were."

"I know." He sighed and looked away before returning his attention back to me. "I'm just throwing this out there.."

"Throwing what?"

"Could there ever be an us, again?"

I bit my lip before I answered him.