Chapter 6

**Nick's Pov**

I pulled up into my driveway and felt a strange sensation. I brushed it off and turned my car off. I was exhausted after the 72 hour investigation I had just came from.

I entered the house and noticed something was different.The house had a quiet feeling about it. More quiet then normal. I shrugged it off and headed for the shower. I needed a nice shower to wash off the investigation.

I exited the shower and walked to the bedroom. I noticed Griffins bedroom door was open. I swore I closed it before I left. I shrugged it off and proceeded to my room to get dressed. I was going to get dressed, get something to eat, then take a small nap. My body was drained.

I quickly threw on a pair of sweats and a tank top, I refuse to call them wife-beaters, and made my way down to the kitchen. I made myself a peanut butter sandwich. As I stood facing the kitchen, something shiny caught my eye. I looked over towards the table and my heart stopped. Right there on the table was Saige's engagement ring.

"No. No. No. No!" I said to myself. I quickly tossed the peanut butter sandwich on the counter and ran up the stairs as fast as I could. I pulled open the drawers of the dresser that was hers. They were empty. I ran my hands over my face in frustration. "Fuck." I cried as I ran to the closet, where her hoodies and jackets were. Empty, except for one hoodie....the one I gave her before we got together.

She left about a week ago after seeing conversations on my phone. But I never thought she would actually leave me. I quickly ran into the bedroom right next to ours and wanted to cry. A majority of Griffins things were gone.

They were gone. I was torn between wanting them back and being glad they were gone.

**Saige's POV**

Aaron lay on the floor with Griffin. Griffin rolled from his belly to his back to stare at Zak, who was sitting on the couch beside me.

"Did you see that?!" Aaron asked excitedly.

"Yes." I laughed. "He can roll that way. He hasn't mastered the back to belly yet."

"He will." Zak smiled.

"I know." I replied.

"So, Saige?" Zak began. I looked at him and waited for him to continue. "Are you joining us this investigation?"

I sighed. "I don't know. What will I do with Griff?"

"Diane is ready for him." Aaron said from the floor.

"I don't know."

"I'll bring you over there tomorrow. Just to see what you have for an option." Zak said softly. I nodded.

"Munchkin, do you mind if I take a selfie with my God child?" Aaron asked.

"Go ahead." I smiled.

"Come with me. Right now." Zak said pulling me up off the couch. "Aaron."

"I got little G taken care of." He said waving Zak off.

Zak led me out the door in the kitchen. He sat down on the patio swing and motioned for me to sit down next to him.

"How are you doing?" He asked. His eyes searching mine for something.

"Fine, now that I'm back here with people that care." I smiled faintly.

"Have you spoken to him?"

"Nope. But I guess he's gotta be home by now."

"He hasn't called you?"

"Nope. Don't care if he does. He's probably having a great time with Her anyway. I'm not good enough."

"What makes you think that?"

"Everything." I sighed. "I don't want to talk about it, okay?" I stood up and walked back inside the house.