Chapter 28

A/N: No reason behind the song.....I just find Sam Hunt sexy :D

*******

I was woken up in the morning by Jay and Ashley. I wasn't sure why or how but they managed to make me get dressed and ready for the day ahead. I was confused but followed Jay out to his car, while Ashley stayed behind to watch Griffin.

After awhile I broke the silence that filled the car. "Where are we going?"I asked.

Jay laughed. "You'll see."

"I'd like to see the inside of my eyelids right now." I huffed quietly, but I knew he heard him.

"It's a surprise. Rest if you need to."

"If I close my eyes now I want wake up until tomorrow." He laughed again and this time I joined in.

* * *

Time ticked away and soon he was pulling up into a driveway. I looked at him funny but he just smiled proudly.

"Where are we?" I asked looking around. A farmillar car caught my eye and I groaned. "Jay you didn't."

"I didn't do a thing. I was just told to bring you here."

"Why?" I questioned.

"You'll see." He smiled before getting out of the car. I followed him. Together we walked to the front door. He knocked as I was afraid to. The door opened and we were greeted by Nick himself. I couldn't be bothered to look at him.

"Come in. Come in." He ushered us inside. "They're looking forward to meeting you." He whispered in my ear. I turned to look at him to ask him who, but he just pushed me into the family room. Once in there my eyes landed on two men. One older, the other looked to be around my age. They both saw me and the younger was rushed over and wrapped his arms around me in a hug. I hugged back awkwardly.

Without saying a word, he stepped away and stepped aside. The older man slowly rose to his feet and stepped towards me. "Saige." He spoke softly. "I've spent the last twenty years trying to track you down." He said as tears formed in his eyes. "I finally found you, my precious granddaughter." Not needing to hear anymore I ran to him and wrapped my arms around him. I started crying and I knew he was too, because I could hear him sniffling. "Grand-père's here."

Eventually I pulled away and wiped my eyes. I couldn't believe I was meeting him. He was all I had left. The younger man, who had pulled me into a hug early stepped forward again, with a smile on his face. "My name is Marc. I'm your cousin."

"I have a cousin?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Yes. You're father and my father were twin brothers."

"Did you know my father?" I asked him.

He frowned. "No, I never got the chance to meet him."

"Oh."

"But grandfather could tell you stories of him." He smiled.

"Come over here." My grandfather called me over to him. I walked over. "I have a few pictures to show you." He took a wooden box off the bookshelf and opened it. "This is you as a baby." He said putting a picture down in front of me. I picked it up and smiled. I knew where Griffin got his chubbiness from. "This is your father. You look so much like him." I smiled at the picture of my father. He was a handsome man. My grandfather wasn't wrong. I looked just like my father for sure. I had his hair and his eyes. I had his chin and his high cheekbones. "Your mother." I looked at the picture and kept the smile on my face. She was a beautiful woman. Her hair was blonde and her eyes green. "Here's a picture of the three of you just days after you were born." I smiled at the picture. "Your parents" He said putting another down. I looked at it and smiled. I took it in my hands and looked it over. I looked like my father but I clearly got my height from my mother.

"Thank you for showing these to me." I told him.

"I've been holding on to theses for years. I've been looking for you ever since I heard they placed you. I wasn't happy with my son. I would have gladly taken you in."

"He did me." Marc spoke quietly from the couch. "My mother died and my father was killed in a car accident shortly after. Gramps took me in and raised me."

"I'm sorry to hear about your parents." I told him.

"It was so long ago. I don't even remember it." He smiled.

* * *

Time passed and I spent the time getting to know my grandfather and my cousin. Turns out Marc was my only cousin on that side of the family and we were the only grandchildren. I didn't know much about my mothers side and I figured her side of the family would remain a mystery. But I was okay with that. I had gotten to know my fathers father and my cousin and I was fine with that.

A questioned burned in my head and before I could stop myself I blurted it out. "How did you find me,  Grand-père?"

"Nick." He smiled. "He found my name on a paper and found my number. I honestly thought he was pulling my leg. But here you are." He smiled happily. So Nick set all this up.

I looked around the room. I noticed Jay and Nick weren't anywhere to be found. "Excuse me." I told my grandfather. I stood up and walked into the hallway where I thought they were. I heard talking so I followed the voices. I was soon in a kitchen. Jay and Nick were deep in a conversation and didn't hear me walk in. I walked up to Nick and wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his back. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. I know how badly you wanted to meet your family." He said.

I dropped my arms and walked back into the family room. I wanted to spend a little more time with my grandfather and cousin before Jay and I had to leave.