Chapter 38

Griffin's birthday and birthday party were upon us. Nick and I planned on making the day one for him to remember. We learned that Griffin had an Ependymomas tumor. We weren't sure if it was cancerous or not, but we would be finding out in two weeks when we met with his doctors.

Pushing that aside I left Nick with Griffin at Aaron's while I headed to Zak's in the morning and started decorating, with his help of course. Billy and Diane showed up and started to help. Once we were almost done setting everything up, Aaron walked in with the cake. It was beautiful and I knew Griffin would love it.

At one Nick arrived with Griffin, who smiled happily at all the decorations.

"Told you he would love it." I told Aaron sticking my tongue out at him.

"Of course he does. Uncle chose it." He smirked.

"You did not. Liar!" I said.

"Pfft whatever." He jokingly rolled his eyes and walked away.

I spotted Nick and walked over to him. "How was he?"

"Good." He nodded and pulled me to him. "How are you?"

"Just fine."

"You left without a kiss."

"Did I really? I guess I just got use to leaving without one."

He frowned and pulled me closer to him. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" I asked confused.

"About everything. I keep thinking that this is all my fault. Had I just stayed faithful to you this would have never happened."

"Hey now." I told him. "Don't blame yourself. Your stupid actions have nothing to do with this."

"Feels like I'm being punished for what I did to you."

"No. No." I shook my head. "If you were to be punished it would be you personally. Not an innocent little boy. Let's not think about this today. Lets go out there and make today a good day for our son." He nodded his head. "I love you."

"I love you too." He smiled and bent down to peck my lips.

* * *

The house started to fill up as the last of the guests showed up. There wasn't many of us, but because of the three kids running around it seemed like there were more of us. Annabelle, and Griffin were chasing Chloe around and the adults were laughing. There was a few times were we would have to speak to them but they were fine and Griffin was entertained by his sisters.

Ashley and Jay walked in and completely surprised Griffin. Once he saw them he ran to Jay and clung on to him, making Ashley pout and the rest of us laugh.

After sometime I decided it was time to eat. Griffin loved pizza so that's what he had. After everyone ate. He opened his gifts and thanked everyone.

Nick and I could tell he was getting tired so we tried to speed things up a little. We let him play with some of his new toys with his sisters before he called him into the kitchen for his cake.

Everyone gathered around him as we sang happy birthday. He smiled and tired his best to blow out his candles. Aaron stood close behind him and blew out the candles for him, when he couldn't. Of course Griffin didn't know that and he clapped his hands, proud of himself for blowing them out on his own.

I smiled as I handed him the first piece of cake. Zak came over, grabbed him and his cake and carried him to the table. After handing out cake to everyone I joined them.

* * *

Nick and I thanked everyone for coming. I thanked Zak for letting us use his house. He smiled and said it was no problem. Nick grabbed a sleeping Griffin and carried him out to the car, with Annabelle and Chloe following behind him. Veronique stood by the door next to me.

"How are you guys doing?" She asked. "This is a lot to deal with."

"I know." I told her. "But we'll get through it."

"I know." She smiled. "Just remember call me if you ever need me. I will not hesitate to fly here and help you. I'm always here."

"Thank you." I said as she gave me a hug.

"See you tomorrow." Zak said as Veronique and I walked outside.

"Yup." I nodded.

"The girls are ready to go." Nick smiled. "And Griffin is strapped in and still asleep."

"I just hope he stays asleep. I'm too exhausted to be up with him all night again tonight." I yawned.

"If you let me stay with you, I can stay up with him." Nick suggested.

I was tempted to tell him no, but I couldn't. "Fuck it why not."

"Really?" He smiled.

"Yes. Don't make me regret telling you yes." I rolled my eyes.

Veronique laughed. "I'll see you guys tomorrow before we head out. Behave Nick." She said shooting him a look.

"Why me?" He frowned. "She starts it!"

"I'm sure." She rolled her eyes and walked to the other car. I waved as she pulled away.

"Ready?" Nick asked.

"Yup. I'm so ready for bed." I got in the car and waited for him to get in. Once he was in he started driving to Aaron's house.