Chapter 32

**Nick's Pov**

Three months has past since I've seen Saige and Griffin. I missed them a lot. I tried to bury myself in my work to stop myself from losing my mind over them. I found myself checking social media a few times a day hoping to see either one of them. But Zak's posts of them had become less frequent.

Another investigation had come and gone and I found myself knee deep in footage to review. I was thankful when Katrina offered to drive up and help me out for a few days. Normally we split the footage up, but I thought I could do it myself to keep my mind off Saige. Boy was I wrong. I needed help or it wouldn't get to the network in time.

I dragged myself up the stairs and into the shower before Katrina showed up. I knew I looked horrible and I didn't need her commenting on it. And I knew she would. It was bad enough that she noticed the bags under my eyes and made the comment about how darker they were getting.

But she didn't understand. Her relationship with her boyfriend was going great. She loved him and he loved her. Either one would cheat on the other.

I stood in front of the mirror and frowned. I looked horrible. I debated on if I should bring back my signature goatee or not. I couldn't be bothered to grab the shaver, which was right there on the sink in front of me. I turned my attention back to my face. I looked tired and old. Older than what I actually was.

I was never much of a sleeper. When married to Veronique I would often head to bed around two in the morning and be up with Annabelle and then Chloe at six. With Saige I felt myself getting a little more sleep. I wasn't sure why. Maybe I just liked having her next to me? I still didn't need much sleep though, so I'd often get up with Griffin during the night. Now my lack of sleep was because I didn't like sleeping a long. I needed Saige next to me.

I made my way into my room and got dressed. I didn't care what I had on. I didn't care how I looked. I quickly left the room and walked down the stairs. I heard knocking on the door so I walked over and opened it.

"Perfect timing." Katrina laughed stepping into the house. "Just get out of the shower?" She asked looking at my wet hair.

"Yeah. I figured I smelled enough and needed to wash." I chuckled.

She beamed at my joke. "Well I wasn't going to say anything."

I laughed and started to walk towards the kitchen. "Would you like a drink?" I asked over my shoulder

"Yes please! I'm dying of thirst."

I rolled my eyes at her, even though she couldn't see me and poured myself some coffee. I knew she'd probably prefer water right, so I grabbed her one and headed back to her.

"So where will we be working?" She asked glancing around the living room.

"In the basement."

"Creepy enough."

I smirked and stood up off the couch. She followed. I walked to the door and locked it, simply because I didn't want anyone in my house when I was in the cellar.

"Follow me." I nodded towards her and gripped my coffee mug and made my way down to the basement.

"Pretty roomy down here." She commented.

"I haven't finished it. I wanna turn it into a man cave."

"You should!"

"Eventually." I walked over to the desk and sat down. My laptop was still open, so I glanced at it briefly.

"Looks like Saige posted something." Katrina commented after she glanced at the screen before sitting down in a chair next to me.

"Huh?" I questioned looking at the screen. I didn't know what to expect. But I realized the crew must be on a break right now, since she was on her way to Tennessee to spend time with Ashley and Jay.