Chapter 48

A/N: Surprise update! So next monday my little one has the week off from school for spring vacation/holiday. I'm unsure if I'll be able to upload like usual. With that being said I've decided to post twice this week just in case I can't next week. Look out for the next chapter on Thursday/Friday. Hope y'all enjoy :)

Here we go..

* * *

Staying true to his word Nick arrived the following week and stayed two days. Although he and Zak were on speaking terms, the tension was high in the air when they were around each other. I often caught Zak mumbling something under his breath when Nick would walk up to me as Zak and I talked. It was clear to me that Zak didn't like what Nick thought of the two of us, but he bit his tongue for my sake.

On the second day I went with Aaron to the airport to see Nick and Griffin off. I didn't want to let Griffin go, but I knew he needed to spend some time with his father. While waiting for their flight to be called I held on to my baby, fearing something would happen if I was to let him go. Sadly though I had to as their flight got called. With tears in my eyes I let him go only to pull him back to me in a tight hug. I kissed his head numerous times before kissing his cheek.

"Mama" He whined making Aaron laugh.

"Sorry. Mommy's just going to miss you bud." 

"I miss you too mama." I pulled him in for a hug one more time before I let him go. He walked over to Aaron, who picked him out and swung him around making him giggle. I smiled as I watched them.

"Don't worry darling. I'll take good care of him." Nick said making me turn my attention to him.

"You better. He's my everything Nick."

"I know. He's mine too." Without saying another word I was pulled into his arms in a tight hug. "I wish you could come with us."

"I know, but you guys need this. He needs to spend time with his father."

"Explain to me why I fucked us up in the first place?" I just shrugged in his arms. "You truly are an amazing woman. I don't know how I got on without you in my life. I'm proud to call you my girlfriend. But most important I'm glad you are the mother of my son." Last call was called bring our goodbye to an end. He kissed my lips softly but pulled away quickly. "I love you."

"I love you too." I told him. Griffin parted from Aaron and walked back over to me. I got down on my knee. He wrapped his arms around me one more time before pulling away.

"I love you mommy." He said with little tears in his eyes, making me tear up all over again.

"Mommy loves you too, baby."

Nick took Griffin by the hand and led him to the gate so they could board the plane. I stood back and watched. 

"You wanna go outside and watch the plane take off?" Aaron asked softly. I nodded, unable to speak as they walked into the terminal and out of sight. From there Aaron led me outside and to the gate. "You did good Munchkin. He needs his dad and you need a break."

"I know. But I'll miss him."

"I will too." He replied pulling me to him.

We stood there and watched the plane take off. We lingered there for a few more minutes before Aaron began walking towards his SUV, pulling me along with him.

We drove back home in silence. I didn't want to speak and Aaron could tell. He pulled into the driveway and I slowly got out. By the time I was completely out of the car, Aaron was at his front door, taping his foot impatiently while chuckling. I walked over to him and waited for him to unlock the door.

"You first Munchkin." He said turning the door knob and opening the door, trying to hold back a smile. I raised my brow at him, but walked in.

I was instantly tackled to the floor. "Baby cakes, I missed you!"

I blinked a few times before I realized Ashley had just attacked me and was currently laying on top of me in the hallway. "I missed you too, honeybunches." I said offering her a small smile.

"That's hot." I heard Jay comment from the doorway to the living room. I flipped him off making him laugh.

"Okay Ash. I think you can get up now." Aaron spoke trying to sound serious, but failing miserably.

"No!" She yelled into my chest gripping me tighter. "She's mine! You smell really good by the way." She said looking up at me.

I laughed. "Ash get up. I can't feel my legs."

"Not her legs!" Jay yelled dramatically. Only making Aaron laugh so hysterically that he lost his balance and fell to the ground.

"Alright." Ashley sighed. "I'm getting up, but only because I have to pee." She got to her feet and dashed towards the bathroom.

"Thanks for the hand up, witch." I shouted after her. Her response was a laugh. I got up and dusted myself off. "Damn people." I muttered under my breath.

I walked into the kitchen to grab a drink. I stood there for a minute before deciding to fin the others. I found them in the living room.

"What brings you Tennessee folks to Vegas?" I questioned.

"We came to visit." Jay shrugged.

"Visit." I repeated.

"We came to say hi and annoy you for a few days." Ashley smiled proudly.

"Now that sounds about right." I laughed.

"So what are we doing today? Staying in? Going out?" Aaron asked.

"We should go out." Jay answered.

"For sure." Was Ashley's response.

"What will we do then?" Aaron stroked his beard for a second, thinking.

"Paintball." Ashley smirked.

"Ugh." Jay groaned but Aaron nodded his head eagerly.

"Babycakes, what do you think?"

"Sounds good to me. But only if I'm on your team."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." She smiled widely. Jay groaned again and mumbled something under his breath. She heard him, but choose to ignore it.

* * *

It wasnt long before we found ourselves at the outdoor paintball court. We paid and then split up. Ashley and I went one way to gear up, while Jay and Aaron did the same another way. We met back up briefly. Jay pouted and argued that Ashley and I being on the same team wasn't the best since we beat them last time. Ashley and I smirked at each other. I looked around.

"Ready to do this?" Ashley asked.

"You betcha." We dashed off to hide causing Jay to groan and Aaron to laugh.