Chapter 20

Paris was truly beautiful. I was stunned by it's beauty. All the lights had me memorialized.  I couldn't believe that I was actually here. Zak and I headed to a cute little cafe before we headed out on the town. We ate and started looking around the town.

The first night we did nothing but sight see and pose for random pictures. Zak was able to talk a few people we came across to snap a few pictures of us. Clearly he used his Vegas charm. The locals were friendly. We got a few comments about how cute we looked. Of course we were nothing but friends, but we look the compliments. It would be hard to explain to a bunch of random strangers about how we were just friends. After all this is the city of love and I'm sure by the looks of things between us, we probably did look just like that.

I couldn't help but become trigger happy with my camera at all that I saw. I must have snapped close to five hundred pictures. Zak would laugh as I took a picture, but I knew that he understood. I'd often catch him trying to sneak a picture on his phone.

It had fallen dark and I wasn't ready to head back to the hotel. I was enjoying the scenery. The lights of the Eiffel Tower caught my eye and I quickly pulled Zak to it. I began snapping pictures of the beautiful piece of artwork. Again Zak persuaded a fellow tourist to get a picture of the two of us, with the lights of the tower in the background.

Sadly the night had to come to an end. We headed back to the hotel and took turns jumping into the shower. We relaxed for a bit after and ordered ourselves something to eat from room service, while it was still open. I rambled on and on about everything, while Zak just sat there with a smile on his face. You could tell her enjoyed seeing me excited.

Zak made himself comfortable on the couch. Half of me wanted to tell him, he could join me in the bed. But I didn't want things to get weird. I was well aware that he was still in love with me. I didn't want to lead him on or anything. I was still madly in love with Nick, but found myself being pulled towards Zak, again. Maybe I was seeing a changed man? Maybe me leaving set him straight? Or maybe I was falling for him all over again because of the way he is with my son. He was so gentle, kind and compassionate about Griffin. Seeing him be fatherly to someone else's child pulled at my heart strings a little.

* * *

I woke up the next morning to see Zak standing over the bed smiling down at me. I slapped him away and pulled the covers over my head. He chuckled and pulled them away from me quickly. I huffed but ended up getting up to see breakfast was already waiting for me on a cart. I flashed him a smiled as he brought a tray over to me.

We quickly got dressed and headed out to go explore some more. I let Zak lead the way and I found us outside of a museum. He smiled at me and pulled me along. I found everything fascinating, and I was guessing Zak did as well, because he led me to another one.

It after lunch time by the time we exited the last museum. Lucky for us there was a restaurant not far down the road from where we were. We headed over and wasted no time getting a table and ordering food.

I was enjoying Paris and I was bummed that we would have to leave tomorrow and head home. I wished that I could stay here forever. But then I remembered Griffin and how much he needed me.

Zak and I spent a majority of the day walking around, entering shops, looking around and buying things. I found a cute little outfit for Griffin and I had to buy it for him. Of course Zak had to argue with me, and ended up buying it instead.

I found myself being pulled by Zak towards the Eiffel Tower again. I was stunned as he walked away for a brief moment only to return with a huge smile on his face. He grabbed my hand and lead me to where a bunch of people waited to go into the tower. I shot him a confused look but he just smiled and gave my hand a squeeze. I knew he was scared of heights, so imagine my surprise when he requested us taking the stairs.

Exiting the tower I felt so excited. I had done something I've only ever dreamed of doing. We made our way to the spot we were in the night before and I took a few pictures of the tower during the day. I took some of Zak alone and he took some of me. Finally he got the attention of someone walking by, who agreed to take a picture of the two of us.

It was a beautiful moment. I was handed back my camera. I smiled and said thank you, before I walked back over to where I had stood before and looked at the scenery. I felt Zak step next to me, so I turned to him. 

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." He smiled looked out at the busy city. "You have fun?"

"Lots." I smiled.

"Good." He said turning his attention away from the city and to me. "You deserve it. Ready to head home?"

I didn't need to think about it. I was ready to go home. I was ready to see my baby. I missed him a lot. "Yes." I answered.

He smiled and placed his hand over mine on the railing. I pulled myself over to him and gave him a hug. I pulled away and looked at him. I was caught in the moment of being here with him, that I reached up and placed a kiss on his lips. In no time his hands were firmly on my waist pulling me closer to him, as he returned it.