Chapter 34

I stood there for a second before it clicked in my mind that Nick was standing in front of me on Jay and Ashley's front porch. I couldn't speak. I was shocked by his presence.

"Nick?" Ashley questioned walking up behind me.

"Hi." He said quietly.

She cleared her throat. "What are you doing here?" She asked. I knew she wasn't trying to be rude or anything but that's how her question came across as. I watched as Nick gulped. "Well don't just stand outside. Come in." Ashley said pulling me out of the doorway so he could step inside the house. He did as she said and kept his gaze on the ground. Ashley sighed and walked behind him and pushed him into the kitchen.

"Is there something you need?" I asked after I found my voice. I never expected him to randomly show up, especially not here at Ashley and Jay's house. Sure I had dreamed of him showing up at my....well Aaron's doorstep, but I never thought it would happen. 

"You." He said quietly, his gaze fixed on the counter top in front of him.

"Oh boy." Ashley sighed stepping to the side of the kitchen. I knew she was trying not to get involved but she wanted to stay close in case I needed her.

"I need to talk to you." He said, his eyes finally landing on me.

"Go on." I encouraged waving my hand.

"I want. No. I need you back."

Ashley snorted from behind him but he ignored her as did I. "Give me a good reason."

"I love you."

It was my turn to snort. "Funny I thought you loved me when you were seeing that thing behind my back."

"I made a terrible mistake. Can you forgive me?"

"No I can't. You sit there and talk bad about Zak and his lady habits. But then you go out and do something just as bad. At lease he's not sneaking around someone else's back. 

"She meant nothing!" He began shouting and I was thankful Griffin wasn't here. "You mean everything to me!"

"If I meant anything you wouldn't have done it!" I yelled back. Ashley frowned and I stepped away from Nick. I didn't want to be near him. 

"Pizza!" I heard Jay holler from the front door.

"I'll get them out of here. You two talk." She said sternly before walking away.

I waited for the front door to shut before I spoke again. "I don't want to talk about this." I said calmly. 

"Neither do I." His voice was barely above a whisper. 

"Everything's always a fight between us. I wish things could go back to how they were, before all this."

"They can."

I laughed and shook my head. "No. Everything has changed."

"We need to talk about everything. Maybe we can get ourselves back to where we were?" He offered.

"I agree that we do indeed need to talk about everything. But I'm not sure if we'll ever get back to where we once were."

"Do you love me?"

"What?"

"Do you still love me? Simple question. Yes or no?"

"Of course I still love you Nick. And it's that very reason why I refuse to go back to you. I've been hurt before by someone I loved and I went back and look what happened." I watched him shiver. Even though I never mentioned Kirk's name, he knew who I was referring to. "I suffer enough as it is. I don't want to sit there and worry about if you're seeing someone behind my back. That's always going to be on the back on my mind."

"I'm sorry. I made a huge mistake. Can we just move passed this? I need you in my life Saige. I hate waking up and you're not next to me. I hate that my son's room is empty. I don't hear him or you and it drives me insane. I can't sleep at night because I desperately need you to be next to me. I need your body next to mine to get a good nights sleep." He said softly. "I miss you so much I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. I should be working right now but instead I made the trip from Boston to Nashville because I need to see you. I need to talk to you. I just need you."

"I don't know what to say." I told him honestly. "We're doing fine on our own. It's nice not needing to worry about what you're doing or who you're doing."

"You're doing an awesome job alone with Griffin." He smiled. "He's a happy boy and I'm glad he has a mother like you in his life that loves and cares for him."

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"Look Saige." He sighed. "I never meant to hurt you. I honest didn't. It was poor judgement on my part. If I could go back and take it all back, I would. Believe me. I hate myself because I hurt you."

"You said you wanted to be with her instead of me. So I left so you could."

He sighed and ran his hand threw his brown hair. "I know what I said. But I didn't mean it. I was just frustrated because we went having sex and she was there to help me with my urges."

"Did you sleep with her?"

"No! I never did. I swear. It was only oral. Always oral. I never intended to sleep with her either."

"Do you still talk to her?"

"No. I stopped after you left."

"And she hasn't contacted you at all since then?" I asked raising an eyebrow. 

"Nope. I told her I wanted nothing to do with her. The only person I want is you. Can you please forgive me?"

"I want to." I sighed and walked across the kitchen and stood by the fridge while he stayed at the counter. "But I'm too afraid it will happen again. If not with her, then with someone else."

"I will never, ever do it again. I promise. I've learned from my mistake."

I bit my lip and turned away from him. I wanted to say yes, I forgive you. I'll never forget it, but I forgive you but my head was yelling at me not to give into him. My brain and my heart were in a battle with each other. My heart wanted him and my brain was telling me that I needed someone better. 

"Please take me back." I heard him whisper.

"I'm not sure I can." I said turning to face him.

"Please!" He begged. "I'll give up everything." He pulled his phone out of his pocket and tossed it to me. I almost didn't catch it because it was unexpected. "Take it. Delete and block whoever you want." He pulled out his wallet from his back pocket. "Here." He threw it at me and it fell just an inch in front of me. I frowned at him. "I'll give up everything just to be with you. I'll delete social media. I'll stop Paranormal Lockdown. I love you and I'm willing to give it all up." He started crying.

"You don't have to." I sighed throwing his phone back to him.

"I does if it proves to you that I'm one hundred percent serious about us."

I walked over to him and grabbed the collar of his shirt and pushed my lips hard to his. He wasted no time kissing back. His tongue traced my bottom lip and I opened so he could deepen the kiss. His hands pulled my hands way from his shirt and placed them on his shoulders. After his hands rested on my waist. I missed this. I missed the electricity that would shoot threw my body when he would touch me.

I pulled back and looked him in the eye. "One more chance, Nick. I swear if you do something this stupid again I'll leave. Next time I won't be so nice and I will make you pay child support. I could use the extra money for Griffin."

He didn't respond but he grabbed my face gently and crashed his lips to mine again. "I won't make you regret your decision."

"I agreed to give you another chance. But we will be taking things slowly. I don't filly trust you yet."

"Anything for you." He said instantly.

* * * * *

A/N: Phew finally! Took long enough. This chapter is a bit longer than my normal chapters but I had to fit it all in one. Hope you liked it :)

SpontaneousGeek The chapter you've been waiting so patiently for. haha :)