Chapter 27

Salem, Massachusetts, full of history. I was excited. I couldn't help but bounce up and down on the couch of the RV. Bacon laughed as he watched me in the rear view mirror. The Salem witch trials were always fascinating to me. I couldn't believe we were getting to investigate a house where a supposed witch lived.

"You okay, Munchkin?" Aaron asked from the table across from the couch.

"Yup." I nodded.

"Someone's excited." Billy chuckled.

"No." I replied sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

"You gonna be able to do your job?" Zak asked from the front seat, next to Bacon. I turned to look at him. He looked amused.

"Of course."

"Dude you realize last time we were in Salem it was with.." Aaron trailed off looking sad.

"Ah, ah, ah. That name is forbidden around me!" I said quickly.

"That's why he didn't say it." Billy laughed.

"Are we there yet?" I asked.

Zak chuckled. "Almost. We need to stop though."

"Why?" I pouted.

"RV needs gas, baby girl." Bacon said pulling over to a gas station.

I waited until he was parked before I stood up. I headed for the door of the RV but Zak stopped me. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"To check on Griffin?" I said making it sound more like a question instead of a statement. He laughed but let me walk out the door. I walked over to Jay and Ashley, who drove their car here, with Griffin in the backseat. I wanted to hop in with them, but Ashley wouldn't let me. She said she needed some nephew time and mommy wasn't allowed. Ashley was going to be watching Griffin as we investigated. It was her idea in the first place. She stated that Diane needed a break, but I knew in reality she just missed Griffin.

I was glad that I was able to wean Griffin off breast milk. I wanted to keep going until he was almost two but with everything going on, it was getting difficult to pump for him. Thankfully he took to food quickly. He had a hard time adjusting to cows milk, but was doing much better now.

"How was he?" I asked Jay as he stepped out of the car.

"Honestly I forgot he was even with us." He smiled.

"So he gave you no problems?" I questioned.

"He never does." He laughed.

"You going in?" I asked pointing to the store.

"Yeah, I need a drink."

"Tell Zak to get me a water. Please." I smiled.

"Sure thing." He nodded and walked away. Ashley rolled the window down so she could talk to me.

"Is he sleeping?" She asked.

I walked over to the back window and peered inside the car. "Nope, he's awake."

"Oh my God. He's so quiet!"

"I know." I laughed. I opened the back door and sat in the back seat. "Hi baby."

"Mama." He cooed, a huge smiled spreading across his face. I reached over and unbuckled him. I picked him up out of his car seat and brought him outside.

"What are you doing?" Ashley asked.

"Taking him out for a little bit." I told her like it was obvious. I got out of the car and put him on the ground. Quickly he ran towards Aaron.

"Whoa there bud. You trying to get away from mommy?" He asked scooping him up in his arms. Griffin just laughed and snuggled up to his chest.

"I let him out so he could stretch." I told him. He nodded his head and started playing with Griffin.

It was time to go so I walked over and put Griffin back safely in his car seat. I kissed his head and told him that I loved him, before I headed back to the RV to continued or drive to Salem.

* * *

We arrived at the house twenty minutes later. The owner was there waiting. Jay dropped Ashley, Griffin, and the car off at the hotel, and he hoped in with us in the RV.

Like always we went on walk through with the owner and I took pictures. The guys then got ready to do a few interviews while I walked around taking as much pictures as I could. I let Zak, Aaron and Jay to their thing and as I finished up my picture taking I walked over to the RV, where Billy and Bacon waited.

No one spoke, but we watched the guys do the interview. I decided I would snap a few pictures as they did so. Zak flashed me a smiled just as the flash on my camera went off. I rolled my eyes and continued taking more.

The interviews didn't last very long and soon we were on our way back to the hotel. The guys were glad there was no one else to interview, now they could relax before tomorrow night, when the lockdown would be taken place.

I still found myself excited to be able to investigate such a historic location. But I tried my best to keep my excitement inside.