Chapter 42

A/N: My apologies. Due to writers-block...again...on this story, I have no choice but to jump ahead so I can get to where I want to be.
P.S He's such a hottie! Too bad he's married and 11 years older than me. Pfft I don't care about the age, just the marriage part...I'll shut up now. Hahaha

* * *

August was here and Griffin and I were enjoying a nice Saturday at home with Aaron. Zak and Billy were busy going through evidence from our investigation from a few days ago. Even though I didn't participate much in the investigation, I was happy to be home. Sadly our little home visit would be short. Usually we investigate one week and have the next week off. However that wasn't the case this time around. We needed to head back out to another location in a few days, because they were getting ready to knock the place down.

"Munchkin?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah?" I asked looking up at him from the floor.

"I'm hungry!" He cried dramatically making Griffin and I laugh.

"Well, go eat."

"I don't know what to eat." He frowned.

"Pizza!" Griffin shouted.

"You heard the kid." I laughed getting to my feet.

"I don't want pizza."

"Well then what do you want?" I questioned. "I can always make you something and get pizza for Griff and I."

"No, no. Pizza is fine."

"You sure? You just said you didn't want it."

He looked at me with a wicked grin on his face. "I'll eat pizza if..." I groaned, already knowing what he was going to say. "If it's pineapple."

"You're disgusting." I fake gagged making him chuckle.

"It's either pineapple or nothing at all."

"Griffin, would you like pineapple pizza?" I asked my son. He made a face at Aaron and I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from laughing. Griffin wasn't a fan of pineapples.

"Oh come on. For uncle?" Aaron begged.

"No." My son said firmly. Aaron pouted and turned to me.

"I'll order a large half pineapple, half pepperoni pizza."

"Fine." He sighed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm buying so shut up." I told him as I walked away into the kitchen to call the pizza in.

* * *

The pizza would be here in forty five minutes and Aaron was bouncing in his seat waiting for it to arrive. Every time he thought he heard a car pull in the driveway, he would run and look out the window. Griffin and I were playing with some blocks when the doorbell rang.

"It's here! It's here! It's here!" Aaron shouted excitedly. I laughed and got up. I walked over and got my money off the counter and headed for the door with a smile on my face. I pulled open the door.

"How could you?" I heard as soon as the door was open. It most definitely wasn't the pizza delivery man.

"Nick?" I questioned. "What are you doing here? What do you mean how could I?"