Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I stumbled and soon fell on the ground. I looked around a saw a forest. Same forest? Behind me were the entangled trees with the hole, but now there were no light. As soon as a stepped through all of my surroundings started to spin. When I got out it was like someone was spitting me out. Like I was a bit of saliva the mouth didn't want. I reached to my pocket to feel my ipod still tucked in there. I sighed of relief and stood up. I started to run my track home, feeling the hole scared me as long as I still was at its side. The sky turned grey and I soon felt small drops of rain land on my head. I quickly increased my speed and when I got to my house I stopped. This isn't my house, my mind screamed. Instead of grandmothers house stood a small cabin made of wood. I looked around on my setting. Yes, this is supposed to be the place. It's not possible for the house to be demolished and built for under an hour. I dared not to knock and instead I continued on the road knowing it would lead to the nearby city. On my way the rain had increased and I was soaking wet. The wind catched on and a chill ran down my spine. In the distant I saw a figure appearing, walking slowly towards me. I started to run. “Hey!”

The figure stopped and squinted at me in the distant. I realised it was a young girl. As soon as I arrived at six feet from her, she gazed widen in shock when she saw my clothes.

“I'm not allowed to talk to strangers” the girl answered before I had a chance to open my mouth and she quickly moved passed me. I grabbed her shoulder, making her stop. “Please, I need to ask you a question!” She tried to release her from my grip, but I didn't budge. “Please”

She sighed and told me to ask fast. “Do you know anyone named Lisa Perkinson living here?”

“I'm sorry, but I don't recall anyone with that name” She said and I released her shoulder. The girl continued her walking, quicker than before. “How far to the village?” I cried. She turned around and her eyes was laid cautiously on me. “At least eight miles and if I were you, I wouldn't go there wearing that” “Why not?” “It is not a proper or decent for a woman”

I made my way towards her. I must have frightened her less because she didn't move away.

“What is this called?” I said to her. “Why, clothes I recall” “No, where am I?”

“Why you're in Peripitur of course!”

* * *

“Who is she?” “I don't know, she won't speak a word” “How can you invite someone in, and in those clothes, without even knowing their name?” “As soon as I told her where we were she came in chock! I didn't know what to do but to bring her here. It would be rude if I let her stay in the rain”

The voices chattered around me but I didn't recall much of it. I was soaked through and quite in chock still. Perpitur, my mind said, Perpitur. I don't recall knowing any city with english citizens have a village called Perpitur. Geography was never my strong side but I would have remembered if there even existed a town like that. My eyes blinked twice and all of sudden I rose from the chair I was placed on. I heard gasp at my sudden movement. “I have to get home” I said walking to the door.

“My lady” An elderly woman walked in front of me and blocked the door. “I have to get home”

I repeated that sentence over and over.

“You can't go out looking like that, my lady” the lady cried and reached for my arm. “At least borrow some of my clothes” “What's wrong with my clothes?”

I turned around and looked at them. Behind her stood the young girl I met on the road earlier. Only inches from her stood the older woman I presume is her mother. Both of them had long dresses down to their ankles, very medieval if I could recall anything like it.