sixteen

*Call starts*

Hello?

Yup.

Namjoon. What are you doing now?

Nothing. I'm at my dorm. And don't call me by my name.

Then how am I supposed to address you, your highness?

Oppa

Ew, no

*laughter*

Anyways, we haven't hung out in a while.

Okay...

Can I come over?

I don't live with my parents anymore. I'm at my dorm. Are you sure you can handle these boys?

On second thought... Hold on, I'll call you back.

*Call ends*

Jennie dropped her phone on her mattress, stalking off to find her older member.

Knocking on the door, she quietly opened it, revealing Jisoo playing games on her phone, a determined look on her face.

'Jisoo?'

'Hold on,' she doesn't give Jennie a glance. 'I'm about to win.'

Jennie crossed her arms, observing Jisoo play.

'NOO,' Jisoo suddenly whined, throwing her phone down. 'I lost.'

Jennie chuckled.

'Anyways, what were you saying?'

'I wanted to ask whether you wanna go somewhere?' Jennie managed out, still giggling uncontrollably.

'Uh, yeah, sure,' Jisoo agreed. 'Where?'

'A friend's.'

'Right,' she nodded slowly, thinking. 'Rose?'

'On my way,' Jennie replied, before leaving to Rose's room. Jennie found her asleep on her bed, glasses askew because she forgot to take it off before she fell asleep.

'Rose?'

'Yeah?' Her reply was a muffled sound, altered by her pillow. Jennie tip toed in, carefully removing her glasses and putting it on her bedside table.

'Wanna go out?'

'No. Just get me something when you get back.'

'To eat?'

She sighed a small yes and went back to sleep. Jennie returned to her room, dialling on her phone once again.

*Phone call*

Namjoon?

I'm here

Where's your dorm?

You're actually coming? Are you sure?

Yeah, I'm going with Jisoo.

If you are coming, you better cover up. We can't have anyone knowing you girls are coming over to our dorm.

Always the leader, always looking out for others

...

So where's your dorm?

***

The taxi came to a stop a block away from Namjoon's address, both Jennie and Jisoo having come into an agreement that it would be safer that way. The two were dressed to blend in, with little make up on, Jennie's face hidden behind sunglasses; Jisoo's behind a mask. They couldn't risk anything during times like this. But of course, it was already a stupid decision on Jennie's part. She knew if her manager ever found out about this, she'd be dead meat. But Jennie hated cancelling plans and she already had a soft spot for her childhood friend — bailing on him wasn't a choice.