nine

Rose adjusted her short blue dress, retouching her hair in the reflection on the windows of the large black limo. The girls of BlackPink were headed to a distant hotel and according to their manager, who was in a different car with their CEO, they were nearly there. Jennie was fixing Jisoo's makeup and Lisa was staring out of the window.

Lisa suddenly sat up, turning to Rose. 'Chae, don't you wonder who we're meeting?'

'How do we know we're actually meeting anyone?' Jennie spoke up. 'For all we know, YG could just be treating us to dinner or something.'

'But why do we have to dress up? Or go to a really private hotel? If this was a meeting, why can't we just have a normal one like we always do? Why are we being requested to be so secretive all of a sudden?'

'And how often does our CEO ever treat is to dinner?' Rose added.

'She has a point,' Jisoo piped, sitting up as well. 'Why do we need to dress up? This must be something special. YG would never waste his money on something like a random dinner.'

Rose sighed, falling back onto her seat, trying not to ruin her hair at the same time. All of a sudden, the car lurched to a stop, causing her to fly off her seat, her seatbelt snatching her back just before her head came in contact with the seat in front of her.

So much for not ruining my hair.

She pat it down in a rush and followed the others off the car, towards the grand building.

Rose made to stand beside Lisa, pulling down her dress, which had ridden up when she came down, as they wait for YG to pull up behind them. As he does, the girls bow in respect and follow him inside, their manager, speaking rapidly on her phone, behind them.

Manager Yoora headed first towards the receptionist to check in and allow them access into the room. Curious, they all headed to YG.

'Boss, who are we meeting?' Jennie asked politely. They formed an arc around their CEO, eager to hear his answer.

'Please, sajangnim, what are we doing here?' Jisoo pleaded, hopping slightly in the balls of her feet.

YG shook his head. 'You'll see. Now be quiet,' he scolded us. Jisoo slumped in defeat, just as Yoora returned.

'Follow me, guys,' she ordered. Rose followed her pace, the sound of their heels clicking in the tile floor echoing throughout the quiet building.

They came to a stop in front of a room on the first floor.

VIP 97, it said on the door.

It slid open when we stood in front of it, revealing a room lit in a different shade of golden, a round table place in the middle, decorated with an assortment of petals and fancy cutlery. Another doorway led to a smaller room, decorated similarly but with a smaller table for four.

That was when Rose realised, that the bigger table had 11 chairs. Her brows furrowed, confused.

That's an odd number of chairs.

She was quite sure the normal number should have been ten or twelve.

'Girls, your CEO and I will be sitting inside there,' Manager Yoora pointed to the smaller room, with an open doorway. 'You girls stay here.'

'Why are there eleven chairs?' Rose mustered the courage to ask.

Manager gave all of them a pity glance, and walked inside the smaller room.

'They won't tell us anything..' Lisa whined, pouting. 'The suspense is killing me.'

'It's killing us all.'

The suspense was getting to Rose. She really needed to go to the bathroom now.

'Lisa,' Rose called. 'Bathroom?'

Lisa nodded and led the way out of the room, leaving Jennie and Jisoo conversing alone by the table.

***

Lisa and Rose walked out of the restroom, after many minutes of admiring the intricate designs inside. Retracing their steps back, they found themselves on a balcony that looked down onto the main lobby. Lisa's eyes scanned the floor of the silent building, for any sign of the people they were here for.

A sigh barely escaped her lips before she quickly shut it.

I see someone.

Her eyes narrowed, focusing on the massive glass doors of the entrance.

Two people, men, stood watching door,  around the same height. Different shades of brown hair atop their head, they were dressed in fancy suits.

Lisa squinted trying to get a hint of their features, hoping to be able to recognise them.

Rose approached the metal rail and followed Lisa's line of vision. She gasped and crouched down, hiding herself.

Oh no.

'Why do I feel like I recognise them?' Lisa whispered, making sure to hide herself behind the rail, just as Rose had done.

'That's-' She did not finish her sentence, crawling towards the end of the hallway then grabbing Lisa's hand and running away from the balcony.

Once they were safe and no longer exposed, Rose came to a stop.

'That's-'

Lisa quickly nodded multiple times.

'I knew I recognised them,' she gasped. 'But if they're here then-'

'Exactly,' Rose interrupted. 'It can't be a coincidence.'

The duo was on the verge of a breakdown. This was about them after all.

This is all my fault, Lisa thought to herself miserably.

'We have to tell the others.'

Lisa ran, her legs taking her as fast as she could with Rose right behind her, careful to stay quiet, as they pass the balcony again.

They reached their room again, panting heavily, quickly rushing in.

'What were you guys doing?' Jisoo stood up, walking towards them and handing them each tissue.

Lisa regained her breath to say the words.
'We think we just found out who we're meeting.'

'Are you serious?' Jennie's eyes widened. 'Who?'

Rose gulped, the words stuck in her throat, before answering.

'B-Bangtan Sonyeondan.'

://:

thank you for reading <3