one

The sun glared down on the dry concrete as the last hours of the afternoon came to pass. Jennie sighed again, after checking her phone for the nth time.

'Girls! I know I'm not in a position to tell you this, but, hurry your butts up!' Jennie yelled from the bottom of the stairs. 'We're going to be late! And as rookies, we need to be on time for our reputation!'

'Let them know how much you yell in this house and our reputation will definitely go down the drain!' Jisoo yelled back, struggling to strap on her thick heels.

Jennie heard a yelp and a thump on the floor above her. A rush of footsteps followed and a door opened.

'READY!' Rose announced. Jisoo and Rose walked down the stairs.

'Lisa!' Jennie called once again. 'Could you hurry up? We were supposed to be leaving by now!'

Through the many floors and ceilings, the muffled sounds of a door bring yanked opened and then slammed shut came through.

That should be Lisa.

'Okay, okay, calm down!' Lisa rushed down the stairs towards the shoe cabinet, by the door.

Finally.

The girls opened the door and rushed to the black SUV waiting for them outside. They filed in, Lisa and Rose in the back seats, Jisoo and Jennie in the front. The van started moving towards their location, the Seoul Music Awards.

The minutes went by slowly. Jennie could feel the nervous atmosphere in the air by the way the girls kept silent, lost in their own thoughts. She herself couldn't help but fidget, adjusting and readjusting her hair and clothes.

Not knowing what to do for the next half an hour until they reached our destination, Jennie whipped out her phone to ask the person she knew who gave her great advice, a man in the industry and one of her closest friends.

JENNIE

Yooo, you there yet?

NAMJOON

Who taught you to address me like that? I'm older than you.

JENNIE

Details, details.

NAMJOON

I'm almost there. Remember, when you go on the red carpet, smile, pose, and just do what they tell you. DO NOT DO ANYTHING STUPID. Got it?

JENNIE

OK, OK. Pose, smile, walk away. Noted.

NAMJOON

I've arrived. Gotta go. See you there.

JENNIE

Whatever, baiiiiii :)

Jennie sighed, her smile leaving her face, as she turned her phone off and welcomed the boredom.

'Who were you texting?' Jisoo asked, curious.

'My -err- best friend?' Jennie said, as impassive as she could. If she showed the slightest display of affection or fondness, even if it was platonic, she knew she would never hear the end of it.

'Best friend?'

'Yes?'

Rose jumped up from her seat, pouting. 'Then what are we?'

Jennie chuckled. 'We're not friends. We're sisters, family.'

'Awwww,' Lisa cooed from the backseat. 'Our Jennie's all soft today.'

The rest of the girls laughed, enjoying the distraction from their thoughts.

Jisoo suddenly stopped laughing but kept smiling. 'Enough of this. Now tell us, is this a girl or a boy, making our Jen all smiley?' She wiggles her eyebrows.

'A guy but does it matter?' Jennie's mouth slipped and she quickly covered her mouth. 'Wait, that came out wrong. I'm straight, I swear.'

The girls laughed again. Lisa raised her eyebrow and smirked. 'Sure you are.'

Jennie hit her playfully.

'So, it's a guy,' Detective Jisoo said thoughtfully. 'Is this dude.... in the industry?'

A small yes escaped Jennie's lips.

'Aha!' Rose yelled in accomplishment. 'What's his name? Do we know him? Is he famous?'

'Quickly, I need his name, number and email,' Lisa followed up. I give her a look. 'For purposes. That is definitely not threatening.'

Jennie's breath hitched. She knew the moment they found out, there would be no coming back from it.

To her luck, the van slows to a stop. Throughthe black-tinted windows, she saw the bright camera flashes and heard the faint sound of the fans, as they awaited their turn to get off. Using it to her advantage, Jennie announced their arrival, smoothly dodging the question.

'We're here!'

Lisa gave Jennie a knowing look.

'But you didn't even tell us his name yet,' she whined. Jennie groaned inwardly, unable to escape the question. She would have to find a different way to break it to them, without having to watch their reactions.

'His name is...' Jennie's voice mixes with that of the loudening crowd outside. Hearing the chants of their names, she felt reassured by the presence of the blinks.

'Kim Namjoon!'

Jennie quickly yanked the door open, exposing them to the light and the eyes of the photographers and fans, halting their oncoming exclaims of shock. She watched the mixture of emotions on their faces, schooled to that of a professional, camera-worthy, and tried not to burst out laughing. She smiled, amused, then quickly directed her own focus to the crowd.

:/: