Chapter Twenty-Two: Working The Public

Start from the beginning

"Chrissy, you look so beautiful tonight. Just breathe," she coached me through a few breaths before she went and answered it. I put my phone in a simple clutch after texting my mom and telling her the plans. I walked with ease into the living room where I could see Niall talking to Abigail. Niall looked handsome in a dark grey tuxedo. He played it up with white converse to still have his own style incorporate. I saw Abigail smile and brush some hair behind her ear. Flirt it girl!

I smiled before walking out. Niall's eyes met mine and an even bigger smiled reached his face. "Whoa, who is this beautiful thang?" his accent was heavy.

"Not too shabby yourself, Horan." I rolled my eyes as Zayn popped his head into my living room.

"Woah! Hot mama alert!" Zayn whistled as I turned around slowly. Zayn was wearing a light grey suit but his dress shirt was plaid, while Niall's was plain white. 

"Talk about smokin'," I laughed at the comment as he came over and bowed for my hand. He picked it up delicately and kissed the top of it. "A real smoke show one would say." He pulled me to the kitchen. "Liam! Look at our baby growing up!" Zayn cooed once we entered the small room. Liam had on a white dress shirt with a black peter pan collar, and a black vest. His black slacks fit him well and he had on dress shoes. Liam's face light up when he saw me. I liked the tight fit on him.

"Our baby is growing up! Come give me a hug!" He opened his arms and I hugged him happily. "Where's Louis? And Harry?"

"Probably making out in the car." Zayn smirked.

"Ew!" I smacked Zayn in the chest.

"What? Jealous?" Zayn cocked an eyebrow as Liam coughed with laughter.

"I hate y'all," I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen back to the two flirting in my living room. "Get her number!" I sang to Niall as I walked out of the door of my apartment, knowing Abigail would lock up for me. I walked down the stairs carefully. Harry was leaning against the car with his hands in his pockets while Louis stood in front of him talking. Louis was looking handsome in his typical fun red pants, a blue dress shirt and a white collar, stripped suspenders and black oxfords. Louis looked over for a second before his head snapped back to me. He smiled and hit Harry's arm. Harry glared at Louis before looking in my direction. Harry's eyes widened as he took in my whole look.

Harry had on a white dress shirt and a navy blue suit jacket. He had on dark dress pants and shoes. His curly hair was perfect as always. To top off the look, he had on a bow tie that was the same color as his jacket and my dress. 

Louis walked over to me first. He hugged me gently before pulling away and kissing my temple. "I knew this dress would be perfect on you. I just knew." He smiled and stepped away, letting Harry push himself off his car. Harry took his hands out of his pockets and wrapped them around my waist. He hugged me a little tighter then the others and laid a gentle kiss on my cheek. I didn't let me mind think about how his lips paused. I moved my head away from him.

"I have a sexy girlfriend," Harry's comment made my cheeks heat up. His warm hand took one of my cheeks as he stared at me, like a new found person as he drank in my entire look. Louis cleared his throat, causing us to separate- forgetting we had an audience. "Such a block," Harry rolled his eyes as Louis laughed. Harry opened the car door and pulled out a box. "I hope you like them." Harry stood in front of me and opened the box for me to see. My jaw dropped instantly.

"Harry, no-"

"Chrissy, please." My eyes moved back up to Harry's. He gave me the biggest puppy eyes. For some reason, my thoughts went back to that stupid dream I had earlier. My cheeks heated up and Harry smiled, not knowing the real reason why. The box had a set of beautiful pearl earrings, and a simple, but elegant pearl necklace. Harry handed the box to Louis and he lifted the necklace out carefully. "May I?" He grinned. I turned around and held up my hair carefully. Harry's fingers brushed against my neck, sending tingles down my arms. Louis handed me the earrings and I put them in quickly as Harry fastened the necklace. Harry grabbed my hand and turned me around.