Jenna nodded, "well, watch this." Jenna turned back to her laptop and typed once again. Jenna clicked on a link and what popped up, made Emily smile.

"That's her," Emily pointed at the young girl in the picture. She new as soon as she saw the girl. Isobel had the same green eyes as Emily and straight brown hair that Elena and Emily both shared. Emily smiled brightly over at Elena, "she was a cheerleader." The two sisters chuckled while staring at the photo. It was the first real thing that they saw of their mother, it was a special experience for both girls.

Jenna smiled over at the two girls when she saw that the sisters were smiling happily. "Trudie still lives there," Jenna exclaimed before handing Emily a post-it note, "this is her address."

Emily looked down at the address for a moment before nodding at her aunt. But Elena looked up at Jenna in confusion, "what about Isobel?"

Jenna stared at the younger sister for a moment before turning her eyes back to her laptop and sighed, "I couldn't find anything about her." Emily quickly noticed Elena's fallen face, so she quickly squeezed her sister's hand tightly. Jenna looked back at the two girls carefully, "listen. There's something else. Mr. Saltzman, Ric, his wife was from around here, and her name was also Isobel."

Elena looked up at Jenna shock before realizing what she said, "wait. 'Was' as in..."

Jenna shook her head, "she died."

Emily looked over at her sister in shock. She didn't know what to say to Elena, because she never in a million years would even think that her birth mother could be her history teacher's dead wife. It had to be a huge coincidence that his wife was also born in Mystic Falls. If this was true, then the she and Elena had the worse luck in parents.

"Alaric's wife might have been your mother?" Stefan questioned in confusion while glancing at the two Gilbert sisters. After receiving the information from Jenna, the two girls decided to talk about it with Stefan before they made any decisions.

Elena sighed while she placed her clothes in her drawer, "it can't be true, right?"

Emily shook her head from Elena's bed, "it has to be a huge coincidence, there's no way that she is our mother. It's too crazy," Emily tried to console her sister. For Elena's sake, she really hoped that Jenna was wrong. Emily didn't want Elena to deal with the possibility that their birth mother was also dead.

Elena held up the post-it note that Jenna had gave Emily. "I have the address for her friend Trudie," Elena told her boyfriend in a small, nervous voice.

"You wanna talk to her," Stefan stated, rather than asking since he already knew the answer.

Elena stared at Stefan before shaking her head, "I don't know. I..." Elena sighed and moved to sit next to Emily, "I don't know. If it's true and they are the same person, that means that our birth mother is dead, and I don't know if I could handle that."

Emily sighed and gave Elena's hand a tight squeeze, "if you want to do this, then I'll be there with you the whole time." Emily shrugged her shoulders lightly, "and if you don't then, oh well, we know who our true parents were." Elena gave her older sister a thankful smile and squeezed her hand back.

Stefan looked at the two girls after a moment, "did Jenna tell you anything about Alaric's wife? How she died?"

Emily glanced over at Elena, and noticed that she lost in thought, so Emily answered, "all Jenna told us that she was killed and the case was never solved." Stefan nodded his head and looked away from Emily's green eyes. Emily looked up at Stefan shocked, "you knew that already, didn't you?"

Stefan nodded his head and explained, "the night at the school when he attacked me, he told me some things about her death."

That peaked Elena's attention greatly, because the younger sister quickly stood up and moved closer to Stefan with her mind stirring at the possibility of Alaric's wife being their birth mother. "Well - " Elena began.