Chapter 47

My phone ringing interrupts a very heated moment I'm in with Charlie and I groan when I pick up my phone and it's Ross who's calling me. Charlie slides off me and it makes me groan again because now I'm stuck with a huge stiffie that I know won't be gone for ages because Ross is gonna ramble as per.

"Answer it then!" Charlie exclaims and I sigh, pressing the answer button and putting Ross on loudspeaker.

"How can I help?" I say moodily.

"George!" Ross shouts, it booms through the phone and I wince as does Charlie.

"Yes Ross, whats up?" I say.

"Alicia has gone into labour! Bar is on his way! Please come quick!" He says and hangs up, leaving it at that.

Holy shit this is huge! Ross's baby is quite literally being born any second now. My God Child, a new addition to our fucked up family is coming into the world.

The most I can do is turn around to Charlie with wide eyes, my stiffie not even a problem at this point and then quickly rushing up, gathering my clothes from the floor and shoving the on the fastest I ever have in my life.

The excitement eats away at me as I practically speed to the hospital. I feel like John Travolta in look who's talking, that's how bloody fast I'm driving.

Charlie smiles at me at every chance she gets and I can't seem to wipe the grin off of my face at the thought of one of my best pals having a little one with the woman he loves most in the world, isn't that what life is about?

I run in to the hospital, demanding right away to the receptionist to see Alicia but she claims I'm not allowed in the room since Bar is quite literally being born this very second and she is having the baby. I can't get my head round it, right up until this moment it didn't seem real that Ross was having a little one but he is and he's on his way. Barnaby McDonald, his name couldn't be any more shit but I bet it will suit him.

"George!" I stop shouting at the receptionist when I hear my name being called by a familiar voice.

I run towards Matty like bloody Noah from the notebook and immediately throw my arms round him in a tight hug, Adam manages to squeeze in too.

"This is it guys, this is real." Matty says excitedly and I smirk.

"Do you think it'll affect the band?" Adam says and Matty and I give him a look.

"Adam pick the right time to say things please." I state and he laughs at me.

None of us sit down as we all pace the waiting room like we're on heroin. Charlie, Maddy and Caitlin stare up at us tiredly, it's eleven at night but I've never felt more awake.

"Has anyone phoned Kenny?" I say to Matty and he nods.

"Ross called her when he called us but last time I heard from her she's stuck in traffic." He says and I nod.

It feels like years until Kenny arrives but it's probably only been about 15 minutes, she gives all of us a brief hug before sitting next to Caitlin and holding her hand as they giggle about something.
Deep down the girls are just as excited as us, they're just having a different reaction. While us boys can't keep still and are pacing around the place, they all sit on the chairs with wide grins and shaking legs.

The clock tells me it's been an hour when Ross finally emerges from the corridor and tears are streaming down his face. Usually I'd laugh and mock him because that's just Ross but now is not the time and I wouldn't be able to anyway as I feel tears pooling at the bottom of my eyes. Matty and Adam have the same emotional reaction as me and we all run over to Ross eagerly.

"Barnaby McDonald, born 11:48pm on the 3rd June at 7 pounds exactly." Is all he says before he bursts out crying and we all begin cheering.

The receptionist isn't bitchy or moody as you'd expect, instead she smiles at us as we all cheer happily and cry happy tears. A new baby is exactly what this group needs.

Ross lets us all go to Alicia's room where she's sat in the bed looking absolutely shattered bless her with Bar in her arms.

I walk over and don't say anything, waiting for someone to offer me the baby instead and I smile.

"Here George, hold your God son." Alicia smiles up at me and I smile down at her.

"Oh my God, wow." I say this without meaning to refer to the meme of this but everyone is way ahead of me and bursts out laughing at my reaction.

I smile at Charlie when she takes a picture and it seems like there's a million cameras in my face because apparently everyone is but the only important thing right now is the baby in my arms. My heart swells, I already love this kid so much. I can tell just by meeting him now that he's gonna be so much like Ross.

Bar feels exactly like a new beginning.