Chapter 7

@kennyg: ready for @madsman 's hen do, bring on the 🍾🍾🍾👥: @madsman @mazyso @alicja112 @caitlinb❤️: @iamblackbear, @mazyso and 2

👥: @madsman @mazyso @alicja112 @caitlinb
❤️: @iamblackbear, @mazyso and 2.3M others liked this photo.
💬: disabled

@madsman: 🐓do tonight 😎❤️: @trumanblack, @bedforddanes75 and 8

❤️: @trumanblack, @bedforddanes75 and 8.9K others liked this photo.
💬:
@trumanblack: don't remind me
@fanaccwys: u honestly look like a tramp lol
@hater101: init wtf she looks like a four year old whose about to have a tantrum
@fanaccwys: ^^^^absolutely creased
@iluvmatty: so stunning 💦
@iamblackbear: good luck on the wedding! ❤️
@kennyg: bish da faq ^^^^
@bryanaholly: ^^^ lol 

 💬: @trumanblack: don't remind me @fanaccwys: u honestly look like a tramp lol @hater101: init wtf she looks like a four year old whose about to have a tantrum @fanaccwys: ^^^^absolutely creased @iluvmatty: so stunning 💦@iamblackbear: good luck ...

@averagedanielle: finally going out 🍸
❤️: @bedforddanes75 and 200 others liked this photo
💬:
@bedforddanes: wow 🔥
@averagedanielle: @bedforddanes75 thanks b 💋
@the975dailyupdates: new girlfriend?
@iluvgeorgie: moving on from Kenny at last 🙏🏻
@georgebae: yeah but to this ugly mut, I want Kenny back.

/////////////////////

"So what are we doing tonight then boys?" Matty asks as we leave the hotel and hail a taxi.

"We're going clubbing and then we're going to the beach." Ross says excitedly, making the night sound shit.
Matty looks at me with confusion but there's a hint of amusement in his features, I'm sure he knows we've got something better up our sleeve but he's finding it funny how Ross is mugging us off.

"Clubbing? George you despise clubbing." Matty laughs and I groan.

"Tonight isn't about George, it's all about you and we're going to get you sloshed." Ross winks and it's the most retarded thing I've ever seen.
I can't cope with him, he makes me suicidal.

"Please stop talking Ross." Adam begs and I laugh along with Matty while Ross fakes anger.

"Just a heads up, I planned 20% of this and my part is right at the end so for the 80% you have to suffer through that these two planned I am deeply sorry." I whisper to Matty and he shoves my chest with a cackling laugh.

"I can't bloody wait to see what these two knobs have planned." He whispers back.

"I believe you'll change your mind once we actually see." I put my head in my hands.

////////////////////

"A gay bar!" Matty exclaims, looking round at a proud Ross.
Meanwhile Adam and I stand, our cheeks red, our heads in our hands as we cringe at the tragedy called Ross.

"Tell me you didn't..." Adam looks to the men dressed up as Police, grinding on a pole.

"You told us we were clubbing, you never told us you were taking us to a fucking gay bar!" I shout over the music and he rolls his eyes.

"It's banter." Ross laughs and Matty looks at me in despair.

"It's fucking tragic. I'm leaving." Matty walks out and Adam and I turn to look at Ross.

"Well done soldier." I storm out after Matty who is struggling to breathe on the pavement.
I try to figure out what he's doing until I realised he's fucking creased, laughing at what's going on.
I can't help but join in and for the next few minutes we just continue laughing, unable to catch our breaths.

"I say we just Lowe those two and skip to our plan." Matty shrugs and I nod.

"Beach and champagne." I nod and we walk towards the beach.

"Have you got them?" Matty asks as I throw my arm round him.

"Yeah I've got them." I say, my voice daunting as I pull out the bag of fluffy marshmallows.

"Bonfire, marshmallows, champagne, who needs a party when you've got all that?" Matty sighs with comfort.

///////////////////

A few hours later and Matty and I are fairly drunk, sat on the beach with an empty bag of marshmallows behind us and an empty bottle of champagne.
We're laid side by side, looking up into the sky at the stars.
The sky is a whole different story in Hawaii, it's beautiful.

"I'm so stoked for tomorrow George." Matty slurs, drawing a connection through the stars with his pinkie finger.

"Yeah?" I answer him and he nods.

"Do you remember that time when you, me, Maddy and Kenny went to Asda to buy breakfast and alcohol?" Matty asks and I nod.

I remember that day like the back of my hand. The way we all went in our PJs and the whole of Asda looked at us like we were freaks. The way Kenny and I were creased trying to find all the food, and the way Matty and Maddy were in an argument...

"We argued that day because I told her I didn't want to marry her." He states and i can't help my shock.

"You said that to her?" Damn that's savage, I can't imagine Matty ever displeasing Maddy, but to say that, that's another level.

"She brought up marriage and I told her I hadn't even thought of it and I probably wouldn't for a long time, I told her that we might not even last, it's only been two years so why the hell should I marry her when I don't even know everything about her yet." He shrugs as if it isn't a cruel thing to say, but even I know thats wrong.

"She was so angry, but I wasn't lying, I didn't want to marry her, i didn't want to be with her for the rest of my life, of course I loved her but I'm Matty Healy, I've got the whole career ahead of me I don't want to have a wife tying me down at home." He scoffs and I laugh but stay silent after that, allowing him to carry on.

"When you and Kenny broke up, before the letter, before you got back together, before we told you about the engagement, I saw how much it destroyed you, how much you were killed inside because the person you loved had left you, and I realised that I didn't ever want to feel that way, I loved Maddy and I never wanted to lose her like that," he smiled at me but my thoughts keep me from smiling back as I think about those days, I was so broken, little did I realise it would get worse.

"And now it's the day before my wedding, because I finally sucked it up and realised if I want this girl, I want her forever and if that's what it means to be married then fuck it, I want to get married. And I'm so excited for tomorrow because today's the day that I finally get to make her the happiest I can." He finishes and I almost have tears in my eyes from his emotional speech.
I know it's about Maddy but the memories are overwhelming, the fact that it was my heartbreak that encouraged him to realise his love is mad.
And all I can think, is when will I have the same happiness as him?