Chapter 30

As I look round I realise how impossible this all seems. As if I'm sat round my living room with all the boys, their girlfriends who I used to hate and Kenny and her new boyfriend.
A couple of years ago this would've been so normal, minus Ty. But now it just feels weird, but in a good way. I've missed Kennys presence, and I've missed Matty and Maddy. They've been so busy with their marriage and their house that they haven't really had time for any of us in between tours and things.

I stare at Adam who has his arm wrapped tightly around Caitlin. She leans in to him, stroking his knee affectionately as they watch the telly, their eyes lost in the storyline.

I look to Ross. He looks so odd without Alicia perched on his lap like a parrot with a pet shop owner. I can tell he's missing her, you can see the sadness in his eyes and if anyone recognises that sadness it would be me. Im just glad they got off, it just makes it easier for them to slip back into normality although I understand it will still take time.

I look to Matty whose legs are on Maddys lap, his head laid back on the arm of the sofa, and Maddy whose lazily lent back, drawing patterns on Mattys legs with her fingers unintentionally.

I look to the floor where Kenny and Ty are sat, she's sat at least 2 meters away from him and avoids his loving stare at her. I know it's because she feels awkward displaying her love in front of everyone. My chat with Ty yesterday has made me understand their relationship. I know she cares about him but she won't want to show that in front of everyone, especially me.

For the first time in ages, everything feels slightly okay. Perfect, really. Even though I'm alone and Kennys with her boyfriend, everything just seems right. I'm happy. For the first time in a long time.

A knock on the door interrupts my self emotional moment and Ross snaps out of his trance and runs to the door, opening it and revealing Charlie and Danielle.

With all the beef going on I'm surprised they have the cheek to turn up here out of the blue. What the fuck?

"Danielle?" Ty's voice is full of shock as he stares up at her, his mouth wide open.

"I've had enough of this Tyler! You're my brother, my only brother and the one whose been there for me through thick and thin. When Dad left us and left mum depressed, too depressed to lay food on the table, you were the one who took care of me. And now you're avoiding me over some girl, just because you're too blinded by so called "love" that you can't see how fake, lying and bitchy she is! And avoiding me because she told you to, thats low." Danielle belts out a full paragraph and everyone begins to stand up.
I can't see this going down well.

"Excuse me? Danielle I have never ever told him to avoid you! I'm the one whose been telling him to get in touch with you in fact. I don't know where this sudden hatred for me has stemmed from but you were supposed to be my best friend and I have never betrayed you in my life. So stop targeting me because she's feeding you lies. Honestly you don't know as much about her as you think." Kenny stands up for herself and Matty glances at me.
I know he's telling me to get prepared if it all kicks off.
Don't worry Matty, I think everyone is way ahead of you.

"Ha that's funny! You've never betrayed me? What about sleeping with my boyfriend for six months behind my back? What, you don't call that betrayal? Oh please Kenny, enough." Danielle starts tearing up as everyone else stands there confused and Ty looks down to Kenny all doe eyed and upset, surely he's not buying this crap.

"What? Are you fucking crazy Danielle? I was in America for a year, how the hell would I have managed to come all the way to England every day so I could sleep with your boyfriend? I don't know what kind of manipulation you have experienced but Danielle I was in a happy relationship with someone who I really liked, I wouldn't have cheated on Blackbear or hurt a true friend of mine, ever. So don't start feeding me that crap. I'm fuming you would even assume that about me." Kenny doesn't tear up but her face turns red and I know she's getting pissed off.