Chapter 1

"Thank you so much everyone! We're The 1975 this is our last song, we love you, goodnight!"
Matty shouts the typical end of concert quote and the whole crowd cheers, in awe of us as if we are some kind of Greek gods, when in reality we are just normal lads playing a bunch of instruments.

In fact it's us who are in awe of them most of the time. In awe at how much they seem to adore us and treat us like their world and feel like the biggest fan out there even though there are a million others, and act like they know us when they know nothing, they don't know anything.

They don't know that Adam is a borderline alcoholic and Matty is borderline killing himself with all these drugs and Ross is borderline depressed and I'm borderline always angry, but they seem to think we have everything together and that we've got the whole world in our hands, when all we've really got is them.

It's crazy, looking out into an arena filled with people, who love us, who are here to see us, to escape their own sense of reality to see us play, in the exact same way that we escape our sense of reality by playing for them.

Because in reality what would a band be without its fans, where would music go without supporters, what would the 1975 be without them people cheering us on, even if they're 12 year olds who love Matty because he's fit.

We need them, and even though that quote that Matty says at the end of every show is the same, we love them and that will never change.

"Goodnight!" Matty shouts out once more after we bow at the front of the stage and then walk off, breaking all their hearts as we walk away from them and forget what they look like.

Once off the stage everyone is congratulating us, handing us bottles of water and towels as we walk past them to our personal changing room.

"Guys that show was absolutely mental, I can't believe the tour is over." Ross wipes the sweat off of his forehead with a huge smile on his face.
His little fringe sticks on to his head, making him look like an 8 year old and I can't help but laugh.

"It was insane, they were so loud! God I'm gonna miss touring." Adam agrees with Ross.

I look over to Matty who is downing a literal whole bottle of water and we exchange a look, trying not to laugh at Ross and Adam, who are like 8 year old kids after playing Mary in the school play.

"Yeah it was a good show lads. Well done." I shrug and rip off my shirt, throwing it somewhere behind me as I wipe off the sweat that has collected all over my body.

Playing drums is sweaty business that's for sure.

For the rest of the time that we recover from the madness we just talk about the show and how it was insane, recalling random parts of the tour.
We've been touring for three months now and it's finally come to an end.
After the albums success we were immediately planning tour dates and we've toured all around America.
It's been crazy, the amount of new places we've been, new faces we've seen is insane, and I've loved every minute of it.
I'm dreading going back home, the flat is so empty without Matty and Maddy and they've been so busy that they don't really visit much.

"Going home doesn't sound fun." Ross sighs, rubbing over his face and squeezing his eyes shut.

Ross and Alicja broke up just before the tour started and he's been broken hearted about it ever since. I'm surprised he hasn't been more mopey but instead he's gone a little crazy, going out everyday and drinking all the time, partying after every show, never having a break.
It must be exhausting, he honestly must be knackered.

"It will be fine once you're there mate. Aren't you excited to see your family?" Adam grabs Ross' shoulder and Matty and I exchange a look again.

As if Ross seeing his bloody family would make him feel any better.

"What?" Adam looks between us, his eyes wide but Matty and I just chuckle, even Ross gets the drift and joins in as we all laugh at Adams expense.

"Lads are you ready to go?" The tour manager pops her head into the room and when we all nod smiles and exits slowly.
No doubt about it Ross has a crush on her, he blushes everytime she opens her gob, bless him, it's a shame she's married.

"Keep your dick down Ross." I grab his shoulder and the rest of the boys chuckle as we all grab our stuff and leave the room.

This tour has definitely been the best, it's been so insane, we've all let go and been completely free, even Matty who still has an engaged and broody Maddy back home.

That's right...you read right.... broody. Maddy is broody, even though Matty couldn't be more opposite to that.

We all pile onto the tour bus, being driven to the airport to fly home, it's exciting I must admit, it's going to be nice to be able to go down the chippy or grab a greggs sausage roll once in a while.

Gotta love England.

/////////////////////

"Oh my God! It's so cold! And I frickin love it." Ross breathes in the air dramatically as we finally exit Heathrow, luckily because we live in London the drive won't be too long back to my flat.

Matty is shaking like a leaf with excitement, I guess three months without Maddy and without getting laid must be pretty shit for him and I bet he's getting a proper night of it tonight.

"I know what you're thinking and yes, I'm fucking buzzing." Matty gives me a look and I laugh, he knows me and my thoughts way too well.

We all give each other one last bent hug before we leave and then I get into my taxi and on my way home I am.
And bloody hell, I can't wait to get into my bed and relax like hell.

This tour was amazing and being home and having a break I'm sure will be fun too.

Bring on the spliff, the girls, the drink, oh and let's not forget...

Mattys wedding.

A/N: hey guys it's me again ayyy with the sequel to The Waitress// George Daniel.
Sorry if this chapter was a bit dead, there's a lot of drama coming and I can't wait to share this book with you just like the other one.
See you guys later !! Lots of love ❤️