Chapter 40

"Georgie!" I hear Charlie shout as she runs towards me and immediately kisses me at the airport.

I hold her tightly as I kiss her back and it feels relieving to finally have her ooin my arms again. Who knew I'd ever feel this way after Kenny?

"How's my girl?" I smile and play with a strand of her hair and she smirks.

"Still not your girl." She states and I frown.

"We'll change that soon." I nod and she smiles again.

"Dinner tonight? I vote Frankie and Bennys." She suggests and I nod.

"Of Course darlin, I'll pick you up at 7." I say and she smiles.

"Hey charlie!" Caitlin exclaims, skipping past her, her hand entwined with Adams as she radiates nothing but happiness.

"That's shocking, what the fuck has changed her tune?" Charlie laughs as she turns round probably to check is Caitlin is okay.

"Adam got down on his knee. Guess who's next on The 1975 wedding list..." I smile and she squeals slightly.

"Me and Caitlin definitely aren't friends but oh my god, I'm happy for any girl who gets proposed to, bless her." Charlie smiles again.

"Hey Charlie, sorry you couldn't make it out there." Maddy says as she walks past.

"No it's okay, I'm just glad George is back to be honest." Charlie is civil towards Maddy but I feel the awkwardness in the air.

"Yeah sometimes separation is key in realising how you really feel." Maddy shrugs and holds out her hand to Matty as they begin to walk out of the airport.

"In a bit, call me!" Matty shouts to me and I nod.

"Things seem to be going too well, I feel like I'm at the end of a final destination movie and a crane is gonna fall on me or some shit." Charlie laughs and I cant help but join in.

"So?" I say.

"So id die." She shrugs.

"Would you die happy though?" I ask and she nods.

"In this moment...yes."

"Then what are you worrying about? Enjoy being happy, it's rare in this fucking world." I roll my eyes and she smiles, cuddling up to my chest as I hold her tightly.

"Oh hey Charlie." Kenny smiles.

"Hey Kenny, how are you?" Charlie sheepishly asks.

Everyone has forgiven each other, kind of not really. And there's still this sense of awkwardness in the air.

"Good thanks, just being escorted home by bae because apparently you don't sober up on a ten hour flight if you continue drinking Bacardi and coke." Kenny giggles and I shake my head.

"You little devil, I didn't even notice." I laughs and she winks.

"Bae being?" Charlie asks and her question is answered when Ty comes up behind Kenny and grabs her waist.

"You need to stop running away from me." He groans and she laughs.

"He seems innocent but realistically he's ALWAYS moaning at me." She says and me and Charlie exchange an amused glance.

"Oi, I'm stood here you know." Ty tickles Kennys waist and she kicks him harshly as she struggles out of his grip.

They say goodbye and then move on and Charlie and I give each other a look.

"Something's telling me they've both had a few Bacardis and coke." Charlie states and I nod.

"Being drunk plus feeling the vibes of love equals a very exciting night they've got ahead of them." I mutter and Charlie raises her eyebrows.