Chapter 34

Charlie is a sound lass that's for sure. Despite the psycho things she does I can't help but laugh most of the time I'm with her and she really helps to cheer me up when I'm down.

"But you can't really compare it, I'd rather have an orgasm than a fit lad who can't fuck for shit." She laughs away.

"God, taking you home to my mum would be a right treat, she'd love your language." I say sarcastically and she laughs.

"Oh please, as if you're any better and not to mention Kenny!" She laughs and I join in awkwardly but the thought of Kenny makes my stomach churn.

"Oh shit sorry I didnt want to ruin the mood." Charlie says awkwardly, as I puff on the cigarette that she sponsored me a couple of minutes ago.

"You haven't." I try to smile but I must look constipated because her face turns from wary to sympathetic and I groan.

"Please...I beg you, don't pity me. I will actually have to get a spoon and spoon my own eyeballs out if you start looking like that."

Her laugh is loud and echoes throughout the car park. We're sat on the edge of the curb outside of my car like two homeless people, but I hate smoking in my car so I insisted we do it.

"I'm not pitying you, I just feel sorry for how much you're avoiding this conversation with me and with the rest of them." She shakes her head and snatches the cigarette from my hands.

"I'm not avoiding it, I just have nothing to say about it. Yeah you're all dicks and you've all broken my heart. I don't even know how to feel, this isn't a situation I ever thought I'd have to deal with."

"George if you had nothing to say about it you'd be fine with all of us. And you are still angry at the lot of us, even me. I think you need to kind of accept that."

"Yeah of course I'm angry. I'm mad as fuck. But pain comes and goes and now I just kind of can't be assed."

My phone ringing interrupts the conversation and I check the screen as Mattys name flashes on it.

"Answer it George." Charlie sighs, inhaling on her burn.

"What?" I bark down the phone.

His gasp shows his surprise but honestly I'm just as surprised as him.
I only answered it for Charlie.

"I know this seems a bit...unreasonable. And awkward. But George I really think you should come to my house because there's someone who really wants to speak to you." He sounds upset and I hear murmuring in the background.

"Tell Kenny she can go fuck herself. Or Ty. Or Blackbear. Or whoever the fuck else she wants to lie to." My salty reply makes Charlie laugh but it soon stops and is replaced by guilt.
Is that remorse I see in her?

"It's not Kenny. Please George. It's Mat. He genuinely wants to speak to you and I think it's important."

"It's who? Who the actual fuck is Mat?" I almost laugh but Charlie's shocked expression makes me stop.

"Just get over here George please. He wants to speak to you and it's about time we all sorted this out. I miss you man. I'm so sorry George."

Matty hangs up and when I take down the phone from my ear I stare over to Charlie who still is in shock.

"Charlie?" I mutter.

All of a sudden a tear rolls down her face and before I know it she's in absolute tears, her mascara running down her face dramatically.

Maybe she should buy some waterproof.

"Charlie woah woah woah, calm down babe. Whose Mat?" I ask cluelessly as she cries on my shoulder.