Chapter 43

"You're here!" Maddy exclaims happily as I stand on the doorstep of her and Mattys house.

It finally looks done and I can't help but feel my heart warm at the fact that he's finally happy.

"Yep I am, who else is?" I ask and she shrugs.

"There's a few." She says and I nod.

We walk inside and the person I notice is Alicia, who I haven't seen properly in a while but I know she's pregnant so I should probably say something like congratulations.

"Did you invite Charlie?" Maddy asks me and I nod.

"Yeah she'll be here later, she's at work." I answer and Maddy raises her eyebrows as if she's about to make a comment but she holds it back.

I know what they all think of charlie but it doesn't bother me one bit, they don't understand what me and Charlie are behind the scenes.

"Hey darlin." I say and kiss Alicia's cheek when I greet her.

"Hello George, Ross George is here!" Alicia shouts over the mound of people and Ross starts waving embarrassingly.

"Oh god." I say holding my eyebrows and Alicia laughs.

"He's already at the embarrassing Dad stage and Bar isn't even born yet." I laugh and Alicia joins in.

"Poor Bar, he won't even have a phase of thinking Ross is cool, it's gonna be straight embarrassing." She says.

"Bless him, I bet he'll be good Alicia. It's good it's all worked out eh?" I say and smile at Maddy when she hands me a Budweiser bottle.

"Yeah trust me it is." She nods.

"Right come on George, you've got to see this." Maddy drags me away from Alicia further into their living room and as if I faced with Matty and Kenny singing on some sort of karaoke machine.

"Time goes by...so slowly." Kenny sings.

"Slowly." Matty joins in.

I can't help burst out laughing straight away and they don't even flinch, the people around them egging them on by cheering bare. Maddy and I crease in the corner at the show.

"Every little thing that you say or do, I'm hung up, I'm hung up on you!" Matty sings.

"Waiting for your call baby night and day, I'm fed up! I'm tired of waiting for you." Kenny joins in.

Eventually they get the the end of the song and they both immediately burst out laughing together along with the rest of the room.

"How was I?" Matty snakes his arm around Maddys waist and looks up at her amused. I can already tell he's so pissed.

"Beautiful, sexy. It just made me want to jump you the whole time." Maddy says, sarcasm oozing through her tone and I laugh.

"Oh god we really are at those late 20s dinner party sort of stages aren't we? This is awful." I groan and they start laughing but mAddy runs off when the doorbell goes off.

Matty and I talk about our new obsession with teen wolf and admit how much one of the characters looks like Tyler before I'm greeted with a hand slapping my arse.

"Hello sexy." Charlie kisses my cheek and then pecks my lips and I smile.

"Over your mood then I see?" I say and she shoves me.

"Don't get cheeky or I might have to get right back in it." She teases and I raise my eyebrows.

"Oh yeah? Acting like I couldn't just flex my muscles and you'd be over it straight away." I say cockily and she gasps.