Chapter 13

The next few weeks fly by and before we all know it, it's time for Matty to come back and for The 1975 to get back to work.

The past 5 months has been amazing and we've had fun, the first 2 spent in Hawaii and the last three spent spending time with someone who I'm really starting to like but eventually we had to get back to what we do best and we can't wait.

I walk into the studio, five teas in my hands for all the boys and I hear the cheers of all the boys, Matty must of just got there.
I can't believe he's been away for three months on a fucking honeymoon.

I walk in and place down the teas and then go up behind Matty and grab him, pulling him up, his legs kicking for freedom.

"George!" Matty exclaims, happily, turning around and giving me a huge hug.

I've got to say I've missed him. No matter how close I get to Adam or Ross or how much time I spend with Danielle, there's nothing better than seeing your bestest friend at the end of the day.

"How was the honeymoon?" I say, my face lit up at the sight of him. I can't believe he's actually tanned and he looks so happy. If that's what marriage looks like then I can't fucking wait.

"It was amazing, we went all around Australia, three months there, it was so incredible but I've gotta say I did miss England, there's only so much sun I can take." He huffs and I laugh.

"Hows Maddy?" I ask and he laughs.

"She's so buzzing to see Kenny, no lie she literally ran home, didn't even say bye, it was "I'm going to see Kenny" and then she disappeared." He rolls his eyes and I laugh.

"I mean, fairs." I agree with Maddy, if I was her I'd be running to see my best friend too.

"I bet you felt the exact same about me though." I wink at Matty and he bites his finger as a joke and then starts laughing.

The tour manager walks in and we all go silent, well, partly silent.
Ross' cheeks blush and we all poke him and take the piss, he has the fattest crush on her and it's so funny.

"You look nice today Hun, doesn't she Ross?" I tease him further and he flips me off as she blushes red and let's out a shy chuckle.

"Anyway BOYS let's focus because we've got a lot to do right so- oh my God Matty you look like the man who hosts dickinsons real deal." Her eyes widen and I burst into a fit of laughter among with the others.

"Thanks for that." Matty rolls his eyes and we all laugh harder.

When we finally finish laughing she goes through discussing the next tour and where we're going. This one isn't around America it's around Europe which will be a nice change although it's pretty cold at the moment.
I guess it'll do Matty good though.

The meeting lasts for about two hours while we confirm the dates and locations and set list and then go through a quick practise since it's been months since we've practised all together and then we're allowed to go.

"Shall we go out for something to eat? You know to catch up?" Ross says excitedly.

Adam looks to me and I look to Matty, who nods, so we all climb in the back of a taxi and off we go to do some band bonding.
I don't want to sound bent but it's always nice when we're all back together.

"So how's everything back here then?" Matty asks quietly, questioning only me while Adam and Ross break off into their own conversation.

"Well...yeah yeah it's good." I contemplate telling Matty about Danielle but I don't want him knowing all the details just yet. There's something about Danielle that I want to keep quiet, I want it to be low-key even if the fans already have assumed we're dating, I won't give them a personal insight into what's going on.
With Kenny everything was so out there and exciting and dangerous and we always had drama going on around us yet we still found love throughout it, but the problem is with drama is that it all eventually got too much and it ended badly.
I don't want the same to happen with Danielle, I want everything to be pure and private and I know she's already nervous about the whole fans thing.
My relationship with Kenny being so public meant she got a shit ton of hate and even though she's a model and taken on her own fandom, my "fans" still hate on her too but luckily she's strong willed and could cope.
But Danielle is so delicate and sweet, she's not feisty she's lovely and therefore I don't want her to go through the same as Kenny went through, I want to protect her from that hate and those words that will make her doubt herself.
She's beautiful and no one should tell her she isn't.

"How's seeing Kenny and stuff?" He gives me an awkward look as if he wants me to open up to him but doesn't want to push too far.

"Yeah it's okay. She's actually been really nice to me...well as nice as Kenny gets. She's been great."

"That's not what I meant, I mean how do you feel." Matty has always been my fucking counsellor ever since I fucking met Kenny, he's always been the one to talk me through how I feel.

"It's an odd feeling. Cause I forgive her but sometimes I just feel sadness you know? Although I'm happy I've moved on and grown since what happened, it's just sad that what we have didn't work, because I loved her so much. But that doesn't matter anymore. I'm over it and so is she." I shrug, dismissing it but Matty aspires to carry the conversation on.

"I get what you mean because of what happened with Katie but I think it's different, I don't think Kenny is over it." Matty states and I scoff.

"Matty she's dating Ty, and she's happy, I can see it." I laugh at him and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm not saying that she's still whipped on you although deep down I wish she'd never done what she'd done and you were still together... I'm saying there's something, there, like she's hiding something..." Matty looks away and I can tell he's hiding something.
If I find out he knows about Kennys secret and hasn't told me I will go mad, we're supposed to be best friends and that will be the biggest betrayal ever especially if it's something really bad.

I don't get to question Matty as Adam interrupts the conversation to tell us we're at the restaurant but I can't seem to shake the feeling that Matty is hiding something and it keeps me on edge for the rest of the night.

////////////////

"Hey babe." I smile at Danielle as she gets in the car and kisses my cheek.

"I've brought my PJs in case I stay over, is that alright?" She blushes and I nod, over the moon she's finally showing some affection towards me.

The drive to my flat is short and we make small talk about our days until we get inside.

We decide to watch Les Miserables because it's her favourite movie and she watches it while I watch her.

She's so beautiful, her smile lighting up everytime a song comes on and her perfect lips mouthing along to the lyrics.
She's so different from me but it's so refreshing, she's pure and pretty and I like her, I like what she is.

"You know, you're so beautiful." I tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear as her cheeks once again blush a deep shade of red.

"I'm really not." She laughs and I push her slightly and jokingly.

"You'd have to be blind to not see your beauty." I don't know where this bent side of me has come from but it's there, she brings it out in me.

"Stop!" She giggles and blushes.

"George thank you so much for being so patient with me. I know it's been a few weeks of going out on dates and things and I really appreciate you being such a gentleman. It's so hard to move on from a four year relationship but I do like you and what you say, and how you act, you're amazing." Her speech almost makes me tear up, she's only ever seen the positive side of me but she likes me, she actually likes me. This lovely beautiful girl likes me.

"I really like you too Danielle, and I don't mind waiting, you're worth it." I smile and she leans in slightly, pushing her hair behind her ear and looking up through her lashes.

Dirty thoughts flash through my mind but I suppress them, losing myself in the moment instead.

I slowly lean in, checking it's okay and intentional from Danielle but she doesn't seem to pull away so I just go for it and slowly connect my lips to hers.

The minute they touch a small peck is placed and our foreheads lean together. I kiss her again, this time making it last longer.

She's really perfect and I really could get lost in this moment forever.

An/ hey guyssss
How are you all doing?
Do you want another chapter tonight???
And do you think Kenny and George will get back together?
Let me know your thoughts I absolutely love reading your comments!!
Peace love Nd happiness guys, see ya ❤️