146. Edge// Thomas

I sat on top of the treehouse, thinking. I watched the Gladers work around the Glade, the sun going down and the orangish purple sky rise.

I saw Thomas and Minho run through the Maze doors as it was only a few minutes till they were to close.

I stare at my boyfriend Thomas run in as he looks up at me, winking at me with a smile. I give him a sweet smile in response.

A few minutes later, I heard someone coming up the ladder. I thought it was Thomas, coming to greet me like he does every time he gets done mapping the maze.

But, it wasn't Thomas. It was Gally.

I had a few very different perspectives on Gally. Sometimes he can be sweet, acting like a brother to me. Other times, he can be a complete asshole, pushing people around, telling people what to do. I mean, who does he think he is? He's not in charge, Alby is and Newt is second in command. But, that's just who he is I guess.

Anyways, Gally comes into my sight, climbing up onto the wooden platform.

"What do you want, Gally?" I questioned in a meaner tone than I should've used.

"I just wanted to see you." He answered, sitting next to me, close enough to make me really uncomfortable. I tried sliding away a bit, trying not to make it noticeable.

"You're beautiful, ya know." He stated.

"I get that a lot, even though it's not true." I put some attitude into that one.

"But, it is true." He told me.

"Gally, I'm with Thomas. Even if I wasn't, I still wouldn't want to be with you." I admitted, standing up and walking to the ladder.

I was about to start my descent down until someone grabbed my arm and turned me around.

"You will not walk away from me." Gally stated sternly.

"Oh but I think I will." That came out a bit sarcastic.

I turn back around, only to be turned back towards Gally. He pulls me towards him, his hands squeezing my arms as he presses his lips against mine.

I didn't even hesitate as I pushed him away, making myself fly backwards into the wooden railing behind me.

Gally had a malicious smile on his face, one that I was not very fond of, as he walked towards me slowly.

"Gally, get away from me!" I yelled.

"What're you gonna do about it, (Y/N)? You hero Thomas isn't here to save you, is he?"

"THOMAS!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"I always knew that everything bad that's happened here was because of you. Everyone knows it. They just don't want to admit it. Maybe it's time that someone does something about you." Gally threatened.

I was about to start climbing down the ladder, but before I knew it, Gally shot forwards to me and my life flashed before my eyes.

He pushed me, making the wooden railing split into two as I fell through it, falling off the edge. 

I began falling, falling to my death from the top of the treehouse with a loud gasp.

I fell the last thing I saw being the cause of my death as I fell into a black abyss of nothing.

Thomas' POV

I ran through the doors, seeing (Y/N), my amazing girlfriend, on top of the tree house. I winked and smiled at her, running with Minho to map the maze.

Almost 5 minutes into mapping, I hear my name being yelled.

I knew it was (Y/N), I would know that yell anywhere.

I didn't hesitate as I was out the door before she finished calling my name.

I ran towards the tree house, seeing Gally up there with (Y/N). I ran fast than I ever did.

Then, I saw something that I hoped to never see.

Gally pushed (Y/N) off of the edge of the tree house, (Y/N) falling to the ground.

"(Y/N)!" I yelled.

But, I was too late. I didn't get there in time. She had hit the ground already.

I slid onto the ground next to her as all the Gladers surrounded us. I held her in my arms, tears stinging my eyes as I held her limp body.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N), please. Please, come back." I cried, my hand on her heart, but I felt no heart beat.

Her eyes were still open. I could see her beautiful blue eyes that I could never get enough of. But, they were empty, lifeless eyes now.

"(Y/N), please don't leave me. I need you. I love you." I paused, holding her head in my hand, caressing her cheek with my other hand. My cries grew louder.

"(Y/N), I can't live without you. I will make Gally pay. We all will. Please, (Y/N). I need you to come back now. (Y/N), please, I love you so much." My cries went down, whispering to her. Everyone that surrounded us were either crying softly, and Newt was next to us, his hand over his mouth trying to muffle his cries.

I knew she was gone, there was nothing we could do, no matter how much I wanted to try to get her back.

I looked into her eyes one last time, knowing that after this, I will never see them again. I set my hand over her eyes, closing them, never to see them again.

I loved (Y/N), nothing could tell anyone how much I loved her. She was the love of my life, the only person that kept me going, the only one that kept me from ending this horrible life.

She was the one who made this horrible life... not so horrible.

Now she's gone.

Hoping she could hear my last words to her, "I love you, (Y/N)."

* * *

* * *