74. Thank You// Thomas

It was pouring rain out as we walked through the Scorch. It has never rained out here for as long as we've been traveling. I could barely keep going. I tailed Thomas as he walked in the front of the group.

Earlier, I had done something ankle and I can barely walk now, even though Thomas had carried me on his back for a while. I told him that I could walk again, and I could, but a little later my ankle started hurting again. BUt I tried to keep it together.

Another thing, when we had been running from the Cranks at the abandoned mall, I fell as one of the Cranks came at me. Thomas had pulled me away just in time, but the Crank had gotten to my ankle, pushing its fingers deep into my leg, that was the thing that happened to my ankle. So, I was turning into one of them, slowly, no symptoms showing yet, and I haven't even told Thomas. He would be crushed if I told him.

Now, we stopped under a weird rock formation thing, settling under it from the rain. Frypan, Minho, Winston, and Teresa sat together on the sand by one of the walls. Newt was on the opposite wall with Aris and I laid down on the sand in an open area, Thomas sitting close to me.

I laid there, my eyes beginning to close. I felt something, soft lips on my forehead. Thomas had kissed my forehead and leaned back. Then, I heard his soothing voice that I love so much. "(Y/N), are you feeling okay? You feel warm." He mentioned, a little worried with a hint of confusion.

Next thing I know, I'm laying on my side, vomiting black blood. One of the symptoms of becoming a Crank.

I was finished, leaning back and seeing everyone hovering over me, seeing if I was okay.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" Thomas asked me, kneeling next to me. "Guys, give her some space." Thomas added, making everyone back up, going back to their original places. "Thomas, I;m fine. It's okay. Please, for me, calm down." I told him, and he did.

"(Y/N), I knew something had happened to your ankle, but why didn't you tell me it had gotten that bad?" Thomas asked. "'Cause I didn't want you to worry. I didn't want to slow you down, and I know that you don't want my problems giving you more stress." I told him.

"(Y/N), if you're in pain, I would've stopped in the middle of that rain storm to help you. (Y/N), you need to tell me these things, 'cause I don't want to lose you." Thomas said. "I know, and I'm really sorry. I just didn't want to hurt you." I said.

"(Y/N), you couldn't hurt me even if you tried." HE admitted.

We stayed silent for a few minutes. "You're dying, aren't you (Y/N)?" That question took me by surprise, and the tears started falling. "You're leaving me aren't you?" Thomas added.

"Tommy, look at me. I am not leaving you. I'm dying, but I will never leave you. I will always be with you, and you gotta believe that, 'cause I love you." I told him, lifting his chin to look at me.

"I couldn't give you anything, (Y/N). I wanted to give you a good life, an easy life. One where you could live and grow up, without anything to get in your way of having that life. And I couldn't give that to you. I'm sorry, (Y/N)."

"Thomas, I don't have a good life, and I'm sorry to say this, but none of us do. But, Thomas, you gave me you. You made my life so much better, and I thank you for that. Thank you for giving me you." I told him.

He set his hand on my cheek, caressing it. "Thank you, (Y/N), for loving me during these times. I love you, (Y/N), so much. Always will. You will always be with me."

"I love you, too, Tommy. Thank you for this extraordinary life and the love that you gave me. I will always love you. Never forget that." He nodded, tears streaming from his eyes.

This was harder for him than it was for me. He laid next to me, lying his head on my stomach, holding me close. "I love you, (Y/N). I love you." Those were the last words I heard from him as I took my last breathe.

Thomas' POV

She was gone, and I can't live without her. But, I had to, at least for now. I held her lifeless body close to me, not wanting to let go. "I love you, (Y/N). I love you." Those were the last words I said to her before she... I needed her to know. I love her, more than anything in the whole universe, and I couldn't save her, I couldn't give her the life she deserved.

But, she's gone now. And I can't bring her back.

But she will always be here with me. I will never let her go, for as long as I live. I will see her again, just not in the place that I'd want to, but I will be reunited with her.

I will always love her, I will always remember her, never to forget her. 

* * *