Pt. 2

Carter's POV:

Once Joele left I waited a few minutes till I took off down to the basement to get Catalina and once I got down there she looked terrified cause you could hear everything and it didn't help that there was just this huge ass explosion outside. "Look I'm going to get you out of here okay because there's a person here that wants to hurt me and my brother, okay so I'm going to take you outside and to that person, because he loves you very much and wants you back okay." I say as I unchain her hands and feet. "What about you?" she asks with a very raspy voice. "I'll be fine as long as you're fine alright now when we get outside we're going to need to be quick and quiet okay if you can't keep up at any point tell me okay," I say looking into her now lifeless eyes. She nods slightly and I help her up. She stumbles a bit not being used to walking just yet. "Ready?" I ask, she nods and I open the door that leads outside. I take off with her right behind me "Wait don't leave me!" I hear her yell I turn around only to see that she has fallen. I race back to her but now I'm the one stumbling to the ground. "NNOO!!" I hear her yell, I feel her next to me and I open my eyes, "Why are you crying?" I ask and wince at the pain right below my chest. "How can you not be crying you're hurt." She manages to squeak out. "I'll be fine I promise," I assure her. Silence fell between us as we stared into each other's eyes. "Thank you," She says finally sucking me back into reality "Thank you for taking care of me after I would get beat by your brother and for risking your life to save mine." She says and kisses me on the forehead.

"Your welcome, but you have to go you can't let my brother catch you." I manage to say to her as she places her hands on my face, "You can't die." She squeaks out as more tears start to flow down her face. "Don't cry for me be happy you finally get to go home." I smile as I get a sharp pain and my vision blurs, "How can I be happy you're dying let me help you." she says. "No I'll be fine you have to go before my brother finds you," I say as I start to gasp for air "You have to keep your baby safe." I use the little strength I have to grab her hands. "You have to stay alive," I say and a tear rolls down my face.

I fight to catch my breath as a pressure weighs on my chest. As I take my last breath I get a last glance at Catalina, and I know I messed everything up and whether she remembers what I did she was the only girl I was ever in love with. Fuck she's the only girl I will ever love. I fight for one more breath but as I try everything blurs and fades to black.

Catalina's POV:

"NOOOO!!" I scream as I shake him hoping he'll wake up, but deep down I knew he wouldn't. "Catalina?" I hear someone say behind me. I turn around to be met face to face with a boy around my age who's tall and has light brown skin. I back away slowly as I have no clue who's my enemy here. "It's me Lopez don't you remember me?" he asks. He moves closer to me. My throat burns like never before after I screamed. So I shake my head no and as I'm about to turn and run he grabs my hand and pulls me back into a tight hug. "I've missed you so much." He says to me holding on tighter and tighter I start trying to get out of his hold, but he won't budge. "Felix is going to be so happy when he see's you," He finally let's go but he holds onto my hand. "You have to trust me okay." He says with pleading eyes. I didn't know what to do so I nod but don't move. "You have to help him," I say and point to the boy on the ground. "Or I don't' go anywhere with you," I state, Lopez, I think that's what he said looks down at the boy, "You shouldn't be helping him." He says. "Then I shouldn't be trusting you," I say looking him in the eyes "I mean it I won't go anywhere with you." I say pulling my hand away from his. "Fine." he says looking annoyed. he walks up to the lifeless looking boy and checks for a pulse. My heart pounds harder as I wait to hear what he says, "He has a pulse but it's very weak." the guy says, "Then let's go and find help or something." I say. " Cat trust me once you remember what he did you will not want him around." He says again, "It's both of us or neither." I state once more. "Why do you want to save him so much he hurt you?" he asks, "Because he was the only one who cared for me when I was in that disgusting place." I state. "But he hurt you in the past and what it did to you wasn't pretty," He says "Look I know you don't remember but everyone else does and if as by some miracle you just happen to get your full memory back you're never going to want him around." He continues. "You keep telling me that he did something to me but you're not telling me what so you either tell me and I decide if he dies here or we can at least try and help but if you don't want to tell me he goes with us." I stand my ground. I'm not about to leave him here to die after everything he has done for me. Lopez? grunts and shakes his head "He's going to kill me but fine he comes with us now let's go." Lopez picks up the boy and takes off running from the direction he came from. I hate running in case I didn't mention it yet. "Catalina watch out!!" Lopez yells but it's too late I feel something hard hit my head and then I'm back to the same old darkness I know all too well.