Ch.15 empire state of mind.

"Cake, cake, cake. The wonderful food that can make or break you're wedding." the tall, thin, bald haired cake designer enthuses to Liam and Zayn.

"I'm telling you hun, one sprinkle off and you might as well get married at the courthouse!" the feminine man almost yells, his loud laugh making Zayn cringe.

Liam was enjoying every second of it, he loved that Zayn actually decided to fly to new York to order the cake for the wedding, but he wasn't too keen on Zayns intern tagging along.

Harry wasn't exactly happy to be around the soon to be weds either, he just walked around the bakery shop looking at the overpriced treats with the feeling of not belonging.

" So what are you thinking, chocolate, red velvet oh! vanilla everyone loves vanilla." the American cake designer asked pulling out a pen and a note book.

"Uh Zayn hates vanilla, so-" liam begins but was cut off by an outraged Harry.

"How do you hate vanilla, it's so good." Harry asked Zayn from across the shop.

"I was thinking the same thing he's mental!" liam says agreeing with harry.

" you're kidding right, Im not the only one who dislikes vanilla." Zayn defends rolling his eyes at liam and Harry's social interaction.

"So you're into black men?" liam asked a smirk on his face.

"hey that was a good one " Harry chuckles out and even the cake planner which zayn now figured out from his name tag goes by the name Thomas was laughing slightly.

"Harry shut up before I fire you" Zayn says not amused.

Harry was about to bite back but liam looked at zayn like he was about to say something, maybe stick up for Harry but he didn't.

" do it, I dare you." Harry says playfully knowing that he wouldn't do it.

Harry took pride in the fact that he stood up to Zayn and Liam didn't.

Zayn just shook his head and turned back to Thomas so that they could finish up.

" So no Vanilla?". Thomas asked genuinely upset that he couldn't write the word vanilla down with his company pen.

"Nope...anything else will do." Zayn says pulling his iPhone out of his winter coat.

"I can't choose between red velvet or marble." liam tells Zayn in a dramatic way.

Zayn didn't acknowledge Liam at the moment because he was texting Harry a harsh message.

"Mr. Malik you're fiance asked you a question." Harry says his phone vibrating at the same moment.

Zayn's head came to attention and he turned his head to look at his annoyed fiance.

"what's up babe?" zayn asked.

something as simple as Zayn calling Liam babe made Harry want to jump off of the state empire building, but something worst than that was the text message he got from Zayn.

from: Z<3

Don't make a fool of me in front of liam, this day is important for us ,don't ruin it with you're childish humour.

Harry read the message maybe thee times over and over again before a excited squeal from the over enthused cake designer removed Harrys mind from the act of reading.

"Vanilla cake it is, I'm glad we could change your opinion." Thomas exspresses, dropping his pen and notebook onto the black table that Liam and Zayn sat at.