Preface

The Beginning

"Louis, where are you taking us?" Liam asked as he trailed behind a running Louis.

"Hurry up, lads! We're almost there." He yelled.

"We've been walking for hours." Niall said.

"It's only been about 20 minutes." Zayn said.

"Louis, wait up!" Harry shouted as he ran to catch up with the older lad.

Louis Tomlinson stopped at the edge of a field where, a large rock was buried into the ground and smiled to himself, turning to the younger boys as they caught up to him.

"Lads."

He paused dramatically.

"I present to you... A METEOR!"

Niall and Liam's faces brighten up as their mouths dropped. Harry and Zayn shared the same shocked, confused look on their face.

"Come on lads! Let's have a closer look."

Niall shook with excitement and toke off to the meteor with Louis beside him, Harry and Zayn followed slowly behind them and Liam stayed put. The excitement left his face and become scared.

"Boys, wait! That thing could be radioactive!" Liam shouted after them.

"What's the worst that can happen, Liam!" Louis yelled back, a few feet away from the meteor.

Liam huffed and ran after them. When they were a foot away from it, they stopped and stared in awe. The meteor was large and black and it had an odd smell. Louis toke a step towards it but, Harry slapped him in the arm.

"Owe!"

"Idiot. Didn't you hear Liam? It could be radioactive." Harry said.

"Then why hasn't anything happened?"

Louis picked a stick up and toke a few steps to the meteor, giving it a poke. The boys flinched but, nothing happened. Louis gave it a few more pokes and still nothing happened.

"See, it's safe lads." Louis said.

They all relaxed a bit and moved closer to the meteor.

"I think we should leave, guys." Zayn said, staying in his spot.

"C'mon Zayn. It's all right." Niall said but, Zayn didn't move.

"It's warm." Harry said, pressing his hand to it.

"Oh, look. There's carvings on it." Liam said, leaning in to get a better look.

"They look like scribbles. What kind of language is that?" Niall said.

"Hey, there some more." Louis said.

Zayn's curiousness got the best of him and walked to the meteor to see what they were looking at.

"There in a circle." He said.

Harry's eyebrows pushed together in confusion and he pressed his hand to a part of the circle of carvings then, jerked his hand away.

"What happened?" Louis asked, before anyone else.

Harry's breath picked up as he looked back and forth from the rock to his hand. His heart racing as he pressed his hand to it again.

"It's vibrating." He said slowly.

The other boys stared down at the meteor then, one by one they pressed their hands on the carvings, covering it up. In the center of the circle, the black surface started to change color.

The 5 little boys were breathless, frozen as there stared at the center. It turned green, blue, purple, pink, yellow, orange, white then, black again as an ear-splitting sound cut through the air, making the boys cover their ears.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" Zayn shouted over the noise.

The meteor shook violently as if something was hatching from the inside of it and the boys moved away from it.

"GUYS WE HAVE TO LEAVE!" Liam shouted.

"LOUIS!" Harry screamed as a trail of blood ran down from Louis's nose.

Louis's eyes rolled in the back of his head and he fell to the ground. The boys ran to him but, Harry fell to the ground, a trail of blood leaving his nose and his rolled eyes into the back of his head as well.

Niall's eyes began to water as Liam and Zayn fell to the ground too. His eyes were blurred from his tears as he saw a black mass come out of the meteor then, he blacked out as he fell to the ground too.

End of Preface