Chapter 16

The search for Zayn stretched on from an hour to three. The boys weren't giving up on their little Bradford boy. With stomachs full of worry and eyes full of fear, they searched harder and harder. It wasn't until Niall saw something strange in the forest and told the boys to come to the location.

Niall landed softly on the forest floor and stared at the death in front of him. From the trees to the grass, this whole section of the forest was dead. The plants and trees all frail and black as Niall walked through it. Every step he toke the grass made a crunch sound as if they've been burned.

He touched a thin tree and it crumpled in his hands as if it was made of ash. It actually made Niall sad to see the forest like this. All the once beautiful green plants looked tortured and mutilated.

Niall could hear whispering and he quickly followed it. The deeper he went, the colder it got and Niall couldn't help but think about his dream about Zayn.

"Zayn?" Niall called out.

The whispering stopped and Niall stopped in his footsteps, listening. Niall felt a sudden cold air blast him, making him blink and a huge black shadow wrapped around him, lifting him the air.

"Hey! What tha-"

It pulls him into the darkness as he kicked and struggling to get out of the shadow. It stopped and dropped him onto the ground. Niall gasped and stared at a scene from a horror movie.

Zayn was sitting on a tree stump with his back to him. Around him were shadows, flying here and there, whispering things to him. On his back, 6 black tentacles seemed to be coming out his bare back, twisted and growing around him.

"You shouldn't be here... Alone." Zayn said.

But it didn't sound like him.

Niall stood up.

"Zayn? Where the hell have you been? We've been looking everywhere for you."

Zayn lifted his arm and pet one of the tentacles.

"Strange looking, aren't they?" Zayn said. "Yet, they're like children... They don't know right from wrong."

Zayn stood up.

"Zayn? What's wrong? " Niall asked, taking a step towards him.

The tentacles seemed to shake and tremble as Niall got close but, Zayn quickly turned around and one of the tentacles shot out at Niall and wrapped around him, pulling him close to Zayn.

Niall was eye level to him and his heart quickened as he stared at Zayn's eyes. They were completely black, no white what so ever, the only way to describe it is he looked possessed.

"You shouldn't have come alone." Zayn said and reached up, grabbing him by the neck.

"Zayn?" Niall stranded to say as Zayn started to strangle him.

"NIALL! " "ZAYN! " The boys called as they got closer to them.

Niall tried to get out of the tentacles but, it only wrapped around him tighter. He managed to get his hand out and placed it on the tentacle, letting ice quickly spread up to Zayn's back and it shattered in pieces.

Zayn dropped him as he touched his bare back. Niall coughed loudly, the boys following the sound and Louis was the first to find them.

"Zayn? " Louis said then, he looked down at Niall. "Niall?!"

He ran to him but, Zayn made one of his tentacles wrap around him and slam him into the tree.

"Zayn, what are you doing?" Liam shouted.