Chapter - 50 Trouble in paradise

Start from the beginning

Just a minute, I'll inform the other or wait! We'd do that later. I am coming with alia. Yeah, I'll reach soon. Calm man, everything is going to be fine."

...................

[Alia's POV]

The air around got thicker with the fowl smell of disinfectants and yucky medicines. If it was some other day, I would have thrown a tantrum to not tag along. Since the longest time I remember, I hated hospitals and their atmosphere. 

But now it was pretty serious of us to barge into Hinduja Hospital at West Mahim

When I went to fetch a glass of water for us, I heard sid's literal shriek into the call he got. That panicked me and I saw him approaching me with a fearful face. I waited for the worst and got what I wanted. It was Varun calling in from Karan's house to inform us that Hiroo maa got a sudden massive cardiac arrest and was rushed in to their family consulting hospital, that is here. 

We were so thankful to Almighty that VD was there to get things quickly done otherwise even a slight delay could have turned much more dangerous. 

Without wasting time, we both ran outside to get driving. On our way, we tried to inform immediate friends and family. We surely don't want the entire industry and media to line up outside and create ruckus. As we reached fourth floor of I.C.U , my heart made its existence known. It thumped badly as panic rose in my bile. I had never faced such critical situations before and now going to see your beloved one's going through pain, made it an even badder experience.

The second last floor, i.e the one we are at now, had I.C.U and ventilator sections, so it was quite painfully silent than the other floors. As we neared the block, I saw someone's back, leaning to the wall beside, wearing a jacket. I knew who it was. My feet felt frozen. 

Sidharth gently held my hand in his and led me towards the unit. There were others too, like abhi, kayu and punnuz from dharma, our friends, anshula and off course, karan. He looked so heart broken that my own heart got squeezed with pain.

I put my hand on his shoulder, warmly to let him know that we all were with him in this hard phase. He turned around to give me a tight hug which was his way of telling me 'everything is right'. 

But today he needed that assurance more than me. Therefore I rubbed his back while others kept their silence, waiting for the doctors to come out.

"How did it happen, karan ?" I was never good with situational talks but I wanted to know. He glanced with sadness and gulped before speaking "Sh-she was alright. Happy and working. Varun and ayan came to visit us for lunch. She was helping with dishes, is when we heard the dropping of glass bowl from kitchen. We rushed in to see mom lying on floor, still. You have no idea how panicked and worried I was. My head blew away and I did not knew what to do next. We tried to wake her up by shaking, water drop spray on her face but nothing worked. 

Then we checked her heart beat to get shocked because it was almost nil. Her body getting colder like ice. I just screamed for help because I thought I'd lose her! Varun and Ayan then helped us to get here and doctors were thankful that we reached on time or else things could have gone all wrong."

I heard him speak with pain and I realised I was tearing up. I had to be strong for him and maa. We can't get emotional ourselves. Sidharth came next to us and held his hand "Karan, she is going to be fine. Just keep hope. Doctors are there, they will do their best. You better sit now." he adviced and made him to sit at the bench. We looked at the others and went to another side to have a silent discussion. 

Anshula and Fubu looked distraught. Maybe they got reminded of their mother, who passed away so soon. "Di, I wanted to talk to you. Can you come with me ?" anshu came up and asked with those innocent big eyes of hers.